• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

MSNBC Poll

DoubleR

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Another Poll - MSNBC
Sorry if this is a duplicate, I just saw it...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18174383/

Last summer, a Virginia Tech student wrote an editorial in the Roanoke Times saying he'd feel safer if students were allowed to carry guns on campus. What do you think? * 3479 responses
Students should be allowed to carry concealed licensed weapons on campus. - 74%
The massacre was an isolated incident. Banning guns on campus is still a good idea. 26%

TEX1N

imported post

It looks like they are having "problems" with the poll:

"Your response cannot be recorded. For assistance please contact MSNBC technical support."

cato

imported post

Students should be allowed to carry concealed licensed weapons on campus.
76%
dotRed.gif

The massacre was an isolated incident. Banning guns on campus is still a good idea.
24%
dotRed.gif

72Malibu

imported post

77% Yes and 23% No this morning. Right on!

I was reading an editorial in my local newspaper where an anti from Fluvanna was "dancing in the victims' blood" and calling for "limitation to the accessibility of guns, especially automatic weapons". My wife read it to me.

Now, my wife is pro 2A, but doesn't carry. She doesn't fear guns, but she knows enough about them to respect them but not enough to feel comfortable carrying one (I've been trying to change that, but she's not always cooperative). The first thing I said when she read that to me was "What is the problem with that statement you just read to me?". She looked at me and said "They weren't automatic weapons, they were semi-automatic". I smiled a content proud smile and went back to shooting Aliens in Halo. :p