Thread: Park carry

Post imported post

I see over on PDO that someone has posted a message that TN. is in the process of allowing carrying in parks and such. Does anyone have any concrete information on this?

Post imported post

Thereare multiple bills worming their way through, and it remains to be seen if they will be killed.

At this point, I am cautiously optimistic. A few people I had not expected to support park carry have, and emphatically. It is...unusual.
    Life Member: Tennessee Firearms Association, GOA, NRA.
    Member: Florida Carry

Post imported post

It appears that the park carry bill has been placed on the back burner until 2008. Am I correct on this?

Post imported post

You are correct. However, there is actually no law against carrying a handgun into a park. The law that references this is just a bit vuage.

For all the detail, check out...

http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=168

Post imported post

As you enterANY Tennessee state park (and most local city parks as well) you will see the catch all sign "handguns and alcoholic beverages prohibited"That kills the permit issue right there. Now dont get state parks and the national forests within tennessee confused...There are different regulations in the national forest due to hunting allowed in certain areas of national forests. But Im thinking that would apply to persons armed with the intention of hunting.I would'nt think that statehandgun permits are recognizedin national forests, but, Im just guessin on that....Be like Yogi... ask Ranger Smith!!! Heres the website for the southern region (TN)http://www.fs.fed.us/r8/