• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

A Great Letter in my local hometown newspaper...

bayboy42

imported post

Letter: Anti-gun lobby bears partial blame for massacres

[align=left]Editor, Gazette-Journal:[/align]

[align=left]Evidence shows that co-conspirators sharing responsibility for mass killings are anti-gun organizations, mindless leftists and pea-brained politicians, who sabotage society, preach "zero tolerance" and disarm good people, thereby enhancing the power of criminals and maniacs. Consider:[/align]

[align=left]16 Oct. 1991—George Hennard killed 22, wounded 20 of the lunchtime crowd at Luby’s restaurant in Killeen, Texas. Some could have been saved if the law hadn’t made Suzanna Gratia leave her pistol in her vehicle, and she had to watch him kill both her parents. (Huge media coverage.)[/align]

[align=left]17 Dec. 1991—Three armed thugs invaded Shoney’s restaurant in Anniston, Alabama, and started herding 22 patrons and staff into the walk-in freezer, when diner Thomas Terry used his legally concealed .45 to open fire, killing one, wounding another, and the third fled. Terry suffered a minor leg wound, and saved 22 people. (National news blackout this time, except papers in Anniston and Birmingham.)[/align]

[align=left]25 May 2000—Two armed thugs held up Wendy’s in Queens, N.Y., at closing time, herded manager and six employees into the walk-in freezer, and shot each in the head, killing five and wounded two, who survived. (Good media coverage; they had no Thomas Terry.)[/align]

[align=left]January 2000—Peter Odighizuwa went on a shooting rampage at Appalachian Law School in Virginia. When it began, students fled in all directions, but two, Mikael Gross, 34, and Tracy Bridges, 25, ran to their cars, retrieved their guns, and confronted the shooter, who promptly dropped his weapon, and he was knocked to the ground and held for police (Computerized Nexis-Lexis search revealed 280 media stories. Only four (4) mentioned that students with guns stopped the shooter; only two that they pointed their guns at him.)[/align]

[align=left]16 Apr. 2007—No Thomas Terry, Mikael Gross, Tracy Bridges or armed teacher was in Virginia Tech’s Norris Hall.[/align]

[align=left]Apart from that, I have no opinion on the matter.[/align]

[align=right]Fielding Greaves[/align]

[align=right]San Rafael, CA[/align]

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I especially like the opening sentences. A very effective method of getting that pointacross.

bayboy42

imported post

It was kinda wierd to see a letter from a guy in CA in this local hometown newspaper. I'm gonna try to do a little research and see if he actually lives in the town where the newspaper stems from and see if I can contact him to thank him for such a well-written letter and let him know about opencarry.org/vcdl.org I'd like to take the man to lunch if I could find him.