Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lunch?

Post imported post

Would anyone be up for a get together for lunch sometime? Share stories, etc.

Thanks!
    Greg

Post imported post

Lunch might be possible if it is close to the Microsoft campus in Redmond :-)

Otherwise a pizza night might be fun?

Post imported post

What area do you have in mind?

Post imported post

I'm in, when and where?

P.S.

WHY do I have to live and work inside the city limits of the Republic of Seattle... this is so not fair. I wish that I could OC without worrying when SWAT is going to show up. CC can be so uncomfortable sometimes. ARGGH!

Post imported post

2A-XD-45-ACP wrote:
    WHY do I have to live and work inside the city limits of the Republic of Seattle... this is so not fair. I wish that I could OC without worrying when SWAT is going to show up. CC can be so uncomfortable sometimes. ARGGH!
    Republic? More like a cesspool of "progressive" liberal sheeple. I'm sorry for you, move East. I believe you can OC at least in public barring and employer rules. I'm trying to convince my employer that carrying in general is a right, they wish to make it's employees defenseless. So far they think OC would create an atmosphere no conducive to the professional environment they want. CC is, and I being optomistic here, still being considered.

Post imported post

I'm self employed so... let me ask my boss... yeah, hesays it's okay. It's just that in Seattle proper,not all of the SPD officers know the laws regarding carry (either OC or CC for that matter). It's a little sad and frustrating to have to worry about it, even when it is perfectly legal. I CC an XD, so if SPD would just issue a training bulletin, it would be all kittens and sunshine from there, because there's no hammer to cause "Alarm".

Post imported post

I'm thinking an area that's pretty central. Bellevue, Kirkland, Seattle...

Something that is central to all. Maybe a weekend day, or a week night?

Thanks!
    Greg

Post imported post

Lunch, that's right, that's what this post was about...I saw "republic of Seattle" and got side tracked. I am game, what day are we thinking, most week days are good for me (kids fill the weekend). Should we sent a note to pnwopencarry?

Post imported post

OBSERVATION-to this point every one of us have less than 30 posts. Are you guys new to OC'ing? I am, in fact, I've OC'ed exactly once in this area. I'd look forward to face to face talk.

Post imported post

I had no intention of hijacking the post, just venting, my apologies. Lunch... it would be nice if Lonnie and Sandy would be so kind as to join us, to share with us some of their experiences and suggestions as well.

Post imported post

So, I'veenjoyed reading the posts on this site for a little while now, and thought that this post warranted me registering. I would like to participate in an outing. I have been CC'ing for about 4 months now and am considering the ramifacations of OC'ing. I would appreciate the opportunity to learn as much as possible about it, and F2F seems like a good vehicle for it. Count me in.

--MV

Post imported post

2A-XD-45-ACP wrote:
    Lunch... it would be nice if Lonnie and Sandy would be so kind as to join us, to share with us some of their experiences and suggestions as well.
    I could join you guys for an OCRedmond-area lunch any day next week. I've now picked the week, but since I have such a free schedule within it, I'll ask someone who has a strong preference to pick the day.

As for location, I'm open to suggestions. I'll make one too: One of my favorite placesthat I haven't been to in a while is the Celtic Bayou. It's got a bar section that we would obviously need to avoid, but the main portion of the restaurantis perfectly reasonable for a lunch meeting.

--Sandy (WA)

Post imported post

has anyone sold gun to somebody that they knew without all the paperworks? Do I have to have FFL or do any paper work before I sell it to my freind? Need help guys

Post imported post

xpun8 wrote:
    OBSERVATION-to this point every one of us have less than 30 posts. Are you guys new to OC'ing? I am, in fact, I've OC'ed exactly once in this area. I'd look forward to face to face talk.
    The only place I have OC'd so far is my front lawn when doing yardwork. *And* (of course) about 15 minutes into doing that, a LEO came driving up our dead end road very slowly. I've seen one previously maybe 2 times in almost 3 years...
    MUST say I was nervous as all get out, but I just waved to him on his way back out and he waved back. *WHEW*

After not handling a handgun for 25 years, I have decided it is time for me to do so again. I have just obtained my CCP, and just completed my refresher Handgun Safety Course.

I am very interested in OC not only because it's my right as a Citizen of the US, but because my handgun of choice (Beretta 92FS) is rather large to conceal well.

Thanks!
    Greg

Post imported post

sandy wrote:
    2A-XD-45-ACP wrote:
    Lunch... it would be nice if Lonnie and Sandy would be so kind as to join us, to share with us some of their experiences and suggestions as well.
    I could join you guys for an OCRedmond-area lunch any day next week. I've now picked the week, but since I have such a free schedule within it, I'll ask someone who has a strong preference to pick the day.
    I'm also available any day next week. Maybe a Wed? I'll let others with a more specific schedule suggest days of the week.

As for location, I'm open to suggestions. I'll make one too: One of my favorite places that I haven't been to in a while is the Celtic Bayou. It's got a bar section that we would obviously need to avoid, but the main portion of the restaurant is perfectly reasonable for a lunch meeting.
    That's right off the end of 520 in Redmond, right? I think I pass it every morning on my way to work, and every evening on my way home. Work in Bellevue, live in Redmond.

I've seen a training letter from the Bellevue PD, but I haven't from the Redmond PD. How current are the officers on the right to carry openly?

Thanks!
    Greg

Post imported post

Celtic Bayou is good for me. Wednesday is also good.

Founder's Club Member - Moderator Gray Peterson's Avatar

Post imported post

We should also do it in an area that has a training bulletin out. I'm thinking Bellevue, and I'm thinking Round Table Pizza.

I'm off the entire weekend. Tommorow, anyone?

-Lonnie

Post imported post

Lonnie Wilson wrote:
    We should also do it in an area that has a training bulletin out. I'm thinking Bellevue, and I'm thinking Round Table Pizza.

-Lonnie
    Those were my thoughts as well.

Unfortunatly tomorrow is out for me. I have border watch tomorrow and will be gone from 8am until 2am.

Thanks!
    Greg

Post imported post

I have sold numerous guns to "friends" over the years. I make my own paperwork by getting a copy of their driver's license and other contact info and have them sign it as a bill of sale.

That is not necessary but I consider it my "get out of jail free" card should the weapon be used illegally in the future.

Post imported post

I'm going to be in Oregon this weekend so I can't make it. Bummer

Post imported post

Lonnie Wilson wrote:

-Lonnie
    Sunday would work for me, around 1pm?

Thanks!
    Greg

Post imported post

+1 for Sunday, 1pm, Bellevue, RTP. So, I just looked up RTP and it is actually in Redmond city limits, does that change anything?

Post imported post

How about Sunday then?

Post imported post

Not really. RTP is right on the border and if we have Redmond PD bother us, we'll show them the Bellevue bulletin, and I'll make the phone call to a commander that I know up there. Can we push it back a little earlier? maybe 12 noon? I'm thinking a 2 hour gather because I have other plans for the afternoon.

Post imported post

For those of us that are not able to make it on Sunday (Softball and kids soccer)...
    Sandy, would you be willing hook up with the rest of us?

I think I'd agree with sticking to a city that has the training bulletin.

Monday and Friday are the only days I couldn't make it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast