• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Lunch?

gregma

imported post

Lonnie Wilson wrote:
We should also do it in an area that has a training bulletin out. I'm thinking Bellevue, and I'm thinking Round Table Pizza. :)

I'm off the entire weekend. Tommorow, anyone?

-Lonnie
Sunday would work for me, around 1pm?

Thanks!
Greg

AMV

imported post

+1 for Sunday, 1pm, Bellevue, RTP. So, I just looked up RTP and it is actually in Redmond city limits, does that change anything?

Gray Peterson

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

Not really. RTP is right on the border and if we have Redmond PD bother us, we'll show them the Bellevue bulletin, and I'll make the phone call to a commander that I know up there. Can we push it back a little earlier? maybe 12 noon? I'm thinking a 2 hour gather because I have other plans for the afternoon.

xpun8

imported post

For those of us that are not able to make it on Sunday (Softball and kids soccer)...
Sandy, would you be willing hook up with the rest of us?

I think I'd agree with sticking to a city that has the training bulletin.

Monday and Friday are the only days I couldn't make it.

gregma

imported post

Lonnie Wilson wrote:
Not really. RTP is right on the border and if we have Redmond PD bother us, we'll show them the Bellevue bulletin, and I'll make the phone call to a commander that I know up there. Can we push it back a little earlier? maybe 12 noon? I'm thinking a 2 hour gather because I have other plans for the afternoon.
Noon sounds good to me. Noon at the Redmond RTP.

And for those who can't make it Sunday, how about also Wed at noon at the same place? (Unless we are kicked out on Sunday :shock:)

Thanks!
Greg

gregma

imported post

Lonnie Wilson wrote:
I'm heading up to the border right now and will be up there until midnight. If all agrees to Sunday at noon, can someone send out a notice on the yahoo group to let them know?

Thanks!
Greg

sandy

imported post

xpun8 wrote:
For those of us that are not able to make it on Sunday (Softball and kids soccer)...
Sandy, would you be willing hook up with the rest of us?

I think I'd agree with sticking to a city that has the training bulletin.

Monday and Friday are the only days I couldn't make it.

Icannot do Sunday, so I'll definitely be in the Wednesday crowd. I've personally dealt with many in the Redmond PD, and they are aware that OC is legal. Like many departments, they don't like it, but they know the law.I'm still happy with somewhere in Redmond, but I understand the desire to stay within the bulletin-boundary initially.

Who is coming on Wednesday? We can decide amongst ourselves where to go. If you're coming on Wednesday, do you have any suggestions other than RTP that we can consider in Bellevue?

--Sandy (WA)

AMV

imported post

Lonnie, thanks for the Sunday reservation. I will plan on it.

--MV

Gray Peterson

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

Sandy,

Call RTP and ask them for a reservation of the gathering area. They asked for a week in advance but I asked them if anyone had anything schedule for Sunday and they stated "No", so they scheduled anyway.

That would be a good idea for the Wednesday gather. I hope they have something open for ya....

2A-XD-45-ACP

imported post

So how did the Sunday group fare? Warm enough welcome? As I look outside, it doesn't appear that the world has ended, and there are no (misleading) news reports on right-wing radicals hijacking a pizzaparlor to further their cause. So no news, is good news I guess. It means that more people are realizing that just because a person chooses to LEGALLY carry a tool for self defense, does NOT mean that they will commit acts of terrorism or chaos, and maybe, just maybe it's the complete opposite. That "an armed society is a polite society."

Wish I could have made it but,work pays the bills.

joshmmm

imported post

Lunch was great, no problems whatsoever... Round Table was very welcoming of us and nobody said a word to us.

4 of us showed up and I can say I certainly learned a lot.

We should try to plan a gatheringwith a little bit more noticesome evening in the near futureso we can get more people to show up.

sandy

imported post

This Wednesday

I'm still setting up the meet for those of us who want to have lunch this Wednesday. I want to spread the love, and enjoy different locations.It seems most people prefer Bellevue, so I have selected Applebees in Bellevue, at noon. The address is:

13856 Bel Red Road
Bellevue, WA 98005

That's near the Safeway on 140th NE.

Who's coming?

--Sandy (WA)

gregma

imported post

sandy wrote:
This Wednesday

I'm still setting up the meet for those of us who want to have lunch this Wednesday. I want to spread the love, and enjoy different locations.It seems most people prefer Bellevue, so I have selected Applebees in Bellevue, at noon. The address is:

13856 Bel Red Road
Bellevue, WA 98005

Who's coming?

--Sandy (WA)
I'll be there Sandy. Have you called the location and let them know about us? :)

Thanks!
Greg

sandy

imported post

gregma wrote:
Have you called the location and let them know about us? :)
I called and found that they don't take reservations, and we shouldn't have too long a wait at noon on Wednesday.

As for "warning" them that we're coming and we're bringing guns, I tend not to favor that tactic. If they refuse to let me spend my money there, it's their loss, and I am willing to risk that. If they turn away a whole group of us, then they lose even more money. I don't expect Applebees to have a problem with us whether I warn them or not. I don't think calling ahead improves our odds of getting a truthful answer on their policy, or reduces our chance of finding a paranoid manager. If they do kick us out (very unlikely), there are plenty of other places we could go within a block or two.

We're not breaking the law, so: What, Me Worry?

--Sandy (WA)

PS - What Lonnie did at RTP was better, though. He reserved a special room for the gathering. He didn't warn them that we had guns just to warn them; he told them in context of what group the reservation was for. With this tactic I have no quarrel.

NarrowPathPilgrim

imported post

sandy wrote:
This Wednesday

13856 Bel Red Road
Bellevue, WA 98005

Who's coming?

--Sandy (WA)
I wish I could come, but its too far for me, and I can't OC in Washington yet (I'm 18).
Anyhow, I created a Google Map for those who need driving directions.
Here is the link. You can click on the blue marker for meeting details.
I can update the map with more meeting locations (in other states, or anywhere) and this could be a reference map for people looking for meetings in their own area...

Sincerely,
Zach Doty