• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Lunch?

2A-XD-45-ACP

imported post

I'm in, when and where?

P.S.

WHY do I have to live and work inside the city limits of the Republic of Seattle... this is so not fair. I wish that I could OC without worrying when SWAT is going to show up. CC can be so uncomfortable sometimes. ARGGH!

xpun8

imported post

2A-XD-45-ACP wrote:
WHY do I have to live and work inside the city limits of the Republic of Seattle... this is so not fair. I wish that I could OC without worrying when SWAT is going to show up. CC can be so uncomfortable sometimes. ARGGH!
Republic? More like a cesspool of "progressive" liberal sheeple. ;) I'm sorry for you, move East. I believe you can OC at least in public barring and employer rules. I'm trying to convince my employer that carrying in general is a right, they wish to make it's employees defenseless. So far they think OC would create an atmosphere no conducive to the professional environment they want. CC is, and I being optomistic here, still being considered.

2A-XD-45-ACP

imported post

I'm self employed so... let me ask my boss... yeah, hesays it's okay. It's just that in Seattle proper,not all of the SPD officers know the laws regarding carry (either OC or CC for that matter). It's a little sad and frustrating to have to worry about it, even when it is perfectly legal. I CC an XD, so if SPD would just issue a training bulletin, it would be all kittens and sunshine from there, because there's no hammer to cause "Alarm".

gregma

imported post

I'm thinking an area that's pretty central. Bellevue, Kirkland, Seattle...

Something that is central to all. Maybe a weekend day, or a week night?

Thanks!
Greg

xpun8

imported post

Lunch, that's right, that's what this post was about...I saw "republic of Seattle" and got side tracked. I am game, what day are we thinking, most week days are good for me (kids fill the weekend). Should we sent a note to pnwopencarry?

xpun8

imported post

OBSERVATION-to this point every one of us have less than 30 posts. Are you guys new to OC'ing? I am, in fact, I've OC'ed exactly once in this area. I'd look forward to face to face talk.

2A-XD-45-ACP

imported post

I had no intention of hijacking the post, just venting, my apologies. Lunch... it would be nice if Lonnie and Sandy would be so kind as to join us, to share with us some of their experiences and suggestions as well.

AMV

imported post

So, I'veenjoyed reading the posts on this site for a little while now, and thought that this post warranted me registering. I would like to participate in an outing. I have been CC'ing for about 4 months now and am considering the ramifacations of OC'ing. I would appreciate the opportunity to learn as much as possible about it, and F2F seems like a good vehicle for it. Count me in.

--MV

sandy

imported post

2A-XD-45-ACP wrote:
Lunch... it would be nice if Lonnie and Sandy would be so kind as to join us, to share with us some of their experiences and suggestions as well.
I could join you guys for an OCRedmond-area lunch any day next week. I've now picked the week, but since I have such a free schedule within it, I'll ask someone who has a strong preference to pick the day.

As for location, I'm open to suggestions. I'll make one too: One of my favorite placesthat I haven't been to in a while is the Celtic Bayou. It's got a bar section that we would obviously need to avoid, but the main portion of the restaurantis perfectly reasonable for a lunch meeting.

--Sandy (WA)

gregma

imported post

xpun8 wrote:
OBSERVATION-to this point every one of us have less than 30 posts. Are you guys new to OC'ing? I am, in fact, I've OC'ed exactly once in this area. I'd look forward to face to face talk.
The only place I have OC'd so far is my front lawn when doing yardwork. *And* (of course) about 15 minutes into doing that, a LEO came driving up our dead end road very slowly. I've seen one previously maybe 2 times in almost 3 years...
MUST say I was nervous as all get out, but I just waved to him on his way back out and he waved back. *WHEW*

After not handling a handgun for 25 years, I have decided it is time for me to do so again. I have just obtained my CCP, and just completed my refresher Handgun Safety Course.

I am very interested in OC not only because it's my right as a Citizen of the US, but because my handgun of choice (Beretta 92FS) is rather large to conceal well.

Thanks!
Greg

gregma

imported post

sandy wrote:
2A-XD-45-ACP wrote:
Lunch... it would be nice if Lonnie and Sandy would be so kind as to join us, to share with us some of their experiences and suggestions as well.
I could join you guys for an OCRedmond-area lunch any day next week. I've now picked the week, but since I have such a free schedule within it, I'll ask someone who has a strong preference to pick the day.
I'm also available any day next week. Maybe a Wed? I'll let others with a more specific schedule suggest days of the week.

As for location, I'm open to suggestions. I'll make one too: One of my favorite places that I haven't been to in a while is the Celtic Bayou. It's got a bar section that we would obviously need to avoid, but the main portion of the restaurant is perfectly reasonable for a lunch meeting.
That's right off the end of 520 in Redmond, right? I think I pass it every morning on my way to work, and every evening on my way home. Work in Bellevue, live in Redmond.

I've seen a training letter from the Bellevue PD, but I haven't from the Redmond PD. How current are the officers on the right to carry openly?

Thanks!
Greg

Gray Peterson

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

We should also do it in an area that has a training bulletin out. I'm thinking Bellevue, and I'm thinking Round Table Pizza. :)

I'm off the entire weekend. Tommorow, anyone?

-Lonnie

gregma

imported post

Lonnie Wilson wrote:
We should also do it in an area that has a training bulletin out. I'm thinking Bellevue, and I'm thinking Round Table Pizza. :)

I'm off the entire weekend. Tommorow, anyone?

-Lonnie
Those were my thoughts as well.

Unfortunatly tomorrow is out for me. I have border watch tomorrow and will be gone from 8am until 2am.

Thanks!
Greg

Gray2Hairs

imported post

I have sold numerous guns to "friends" over the years. I make my own paperwork by getting a copy of their driver's license and other contact info and have them sign it as a bill of sale.

That is not necessary but I consider it my "get out of jail free" card should the weapon be used illegally in the future.