• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Lunch?

xpun8

imported post

I am going to try to get down there, I may be late as I have 1100 meeting that I'm unsure how long it will last. I only have an IWB, but yes, I will be carrying.

GaryBrown

imported post

New member, just loggin in first time.

I'll try to be there. Coming from Ellensburg, it's 2 hours if traffic cooperates. Sandy, did you ask if I'll be carrying? I have a WA CC license, and also a VA CHP (Concealed Handgun Permit) form a former life.

Zach, could you make it to Eburg? Ride with me, if you're interested / available.

Gary

gregma

imported post

I'll for sure be there! And carrying my Beretta 92 out for everyone to see :shock:

Well, not "out", but securely holstered in my Blackhawk SERPA :cool:

See you all there!

Greg

GaryBrown

imported post

It was great meeting all of you at lunch today!

Not only a good group of people, but knowledgeable and helpful as well.

I hope we can do this on a regular basis, and I especially hope it will be at times and locations that I can participate.

Gary Brown

Ellensburg

2A-XD-45-ACP

imported post

What good group of people. Lunch was fun and educational. It was a pleasure meeting and chatting with all of you. I look forward to something regular and DEFINITELY a get together @ SVRifle.

My porch is NOT public property. However,all of you are welcome. :lol:

-XD

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Good to see you've started a group! We started ours in Tidewater VA last fall with only 4, and now our monthly dinners average 12-18 people, including wives, girlfriends, kids. They just keep getting better, and we've never had a major hassle!

Once the word starts to spread, the folks who otherwise just lurk here or feel apprehensive about OC show up and have a great time, then feel much less self conscious about carrying.

gregma

imported post

Another great lunch all. It was great meeting everyone! I'm really glad everyone who could make it did. Especially during a busy work week.

Thanks!
Greg

GaryBrown

imported post

I have a suggestion, based upon something I observed yesterday.

When we all got up to leave, suddenly people around us realized that we were armed. I noticed several tables of people who looked at us either warily or in an almost frightened way.

In the future, let's make eye contact with people, give them a smile, a little nod, even a "hello", something to let them know that even though we're armed, we're kind, friendly people, certainly not a threat to them.

A small gesture like that can go a long way towards winning hearts and minds.

Gary

PS our servers and the other restaurant staff certainly seemed comfortable with us!