Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Got my permit today!

Post imported post

I'm so excited about getting my CHP today! It took less than a month to get from the day I gave them the paper work! Anyways, YAY!

Post imported post

Congrats -- I know I felt GREAT when mine arrived.

DC

Post imported post

Same here

Post imported post

Same here

Post imported post

Grr. It's been 32 days already on my FFX permit . I should've moved to PW for a couple days so I could get it there

Post imported post

Your permit should be arriving any day now. Mine arrived on day 30.

Post imported post

Your permit should be arriving any day now. Mine arrived on day 30.
    I suspect my refusal to provide proof of residency has something to do w/ the delay. 14 more days, though, and I'm demanding my temp permit!

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Congrats, SIGarmed229! Get to the Burke Walmart for those Nachos. Actually, you could go twice - once CC and then back in again OC .

Post imported post

Congrats! I remember getting mine for the first time. Was an exciting day. Immediately took it to be laminated.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

SIG!! CONGA RATS to you!!!

Post imported post

Congrats! I remember getting my first one when I was living in PA. I couldn't help but smile when I opened the mail.

Post imported post

vrwmiller

I hope you remember to sign it before you laminated it.

There was a funny post a month or so ago. The young man said his permit came in the mail and he was really excited about it. His girlfriend had call him at work and told him it came ... so he had her run down and laminate it. When he got home there it was, "All nicely laminated, with NO signature... LOL....

No disrespect intended here... it just was a funny story. He had to go back and get a replacement one from my understanding.

Here in Ohio, our CHL's have to be picked up in person if it's your first permit. They are a plastic card just like our drivers license so we don't have to laminate them. You also have to sign and electronic signature pad and thumb print. All of this is already on your card when you pick it up. The thumb print is not on the card but you have to submit it when you apply.

Post imported post

I misplaced the copy of mine and they say it'll take about a week to process.

(Arlington VA) Clerk of the Court is on vacation.......

Assault Weapon (N) “Any firearm whose design disturbs the sleep of progressive politicians.”.

Post imported post

72Malibu wrote:
    Congrats! I remember getting my first one when I was living in PA. I couldn't help but smile when I opened the mail.
    YUP -- BIG SMILE

DC

Post imported post

Lthrnck wrote:
    I hope you remember to sign it before you laminated it.
    Oh, absolutely.

I recall the thread you are referring to.

Post imported post

Shovelhead wrote:
    Shovelhead, I recently just got mine re-issued as well. After I had turned in the paperwork, I had wondered if they would have given me a temp permit had I asked. I didn't feel like going back. So, I just waited. It came in about a week or two later.

I just OC'd since the weather was getting warmer anyway. In fact, I have been concealing a lot less since the weather has been warming up.

Post imported post

YAY!

Post imported post

vrwmiller wrote:
    Shovelhead wrote:
    Shovelhead, I recently just got mine re-issued as well. After I had turned in the paperwork, I had wondered if they would have given me a temp permit had I asked. I didn't feel like going back. So, I just waited. It came in about a week or two later.

I just OC'd since the weather was getting warmer anyway. In fact, I have been concealing a lot less since the weather has been warming up.
    Sorry for Thread-jacking.......

Thanks,

I called their office today and was on-line with a "less-than helpful" county employee and I asked how long it would take to process after they recieved my request.

This individualreplied "As long as it takes, There's no limit to how long we have to process it".

I reminded her that it only takes 45 days to process an ORIGINAL permit and I was asking for a replacement, not a renewal.

I was told to hold, and a minute later I was told it should be ready to pickup no later than next Wednesday.

I can't wait to get out of Northern Virginia...........moving to Nottoway County next year.
    Assault Weapon (N) “Any firearm whose design disturbs the sleep of progressive politicians.”.

Post imported post

i filed my app with FFX on april 3rd and am anxiously waiting to see my horrible handwriting on the self addressed stamped envelope!

Post imported post

I need to take the time to go the police station (NN) and get my fingerprints. Took the class, filled the paperwork out, but haven't taken the time to go to the police station. I better do that before roaming around with a openly carried gun (after a cop told me I would get my very own set of bracelets and a trip downtown). Such sadness!!

Post imported post

Collier4385 wrote:
    I need to take the time to go the police station (NN) and get my fingerprints. Took the class, filled the paperwork out, but haven't taken the time to go to the police station. I better do that before roaming around with a openly carried gun (after a cop told me I would get my very own set of bracelets and a trip downtown). Such sadness!!
    Jewelry and a free ride? What could be better than that??? Free room and board and a meals too maybe?

Sweet!

Post imported post

Well, if it was a trip that didn't include Bubba or any other of his extended family, it might be a great deal! Not to mention if it was indeed illegal to open carry without permit ;-).

Post imported post

Tell that cop he's full of it.

Ask him what he plans to charge you with.

Post imported post

He said "carrying a loaded firearm in a city of 160,000 or more" Plus I don't think he understood the term "highway" or believed that you didn't have to have a permit.

Founder's Club Member - Moderator Gray Peterson's Avatar

Post imported post

Hey Collier,

We supposedly got that cleared up two or three years ago with the Starbucks incident.

Can you tell us which Police Department officer stated this? Open carry is LEGAL in the Commonwealth of Virginia. The 160,000 thing A) Doesn't apply to regular pistols unless you have attached it a magazine of 20 rounds or more and B) doesn't apply for CHP holders anyway.

We need to find out who stated this so we can get the department on the ball.

EDIT: (NN) you stated. Are you talking about Newport News?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast