• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Got my permit today!

IanB

imported post

Your permit should be arriving any day now. Mine arrived on day 30.

DoubleR

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Congrats, SIGarmed229! Get to the Burke Walmart for those Nachos. Actually, you could go twice - once CC and then back in again OC :lol:.

vrwmiller

imported post

Congrats! I remember getting mine for the first time. Was an exciting day. Immediately took it to be laminated.

BobCav

Founder's Club Member
imported post

SIG!! CONGA RATS to you!!!

CongaRats2.gif

Lthrnck

imported post

vrwmiller

I hope you remember to sign it before you laminated it.

There was a funny post a month or so ago. The young man said his permit came in the mail and he was really excited about it. His girlfriend had call him at work and told him it came ... so he had her run down and laminate it. When he got home there it was, "All nicely laminated, with NO signature... LOL....

No disrespect intended here... it just was a funny story. He had to go back and get a replacement one from my understanding.

Here in Ohio, our CHL's have to be picked up in person if it's your first permit. They are a plastic card just like our drivers license so we don't have to laminate them. You also have to sign and electronic signature pad and thumb print. All of this is already on your card when you pick it up. The thumb print is not on the card but you have to submit it when you apply.

Shovelhead

imported post

I misplaced the copy of mine :banghead:and they say it'll take about a week to process. :(

(Arlington VA) Clerk of the Court is on vacation.......:uhoh:

vrwmiller

imported post

Shovelhead wrote:
I misplaced the copy of mine and they say it'll take about a week to process.

Shovelhead, I recently just got mine re-issued as well. After I had turned in the paperwork, I had wondered if they would have given me a temp permit had I asked. I didn't feel like going back. So, I just waited. It came in about a week or two later.

I just OC'd since the weather was getting warmer anyway. In fact, I have been concealing a lot less since the weather has been warming up.

Shovelhead

imported post

vrwmiller wrote:
Shovelhead wrote:
I misplaced the copy of mine and they say it'll take about a week to process.

Shovelhead, I recently just got mine re-issued as well. After I had turned in the paperwork, I had wondered if they would have given me a temp permit had I asked. I didn't feel like going back. So, I just waited. It came in about a week or two later.

I just OC'd since the weather was getting warmer anyway. In fact, I have been concealing a lot less since the weather has been warming up.
Sorry for Thread-jacking.......

Thanks,

I called their office today and was on-line with a "less-than helpful" county employee and I asked how long it would take to process after they recieved my request.

This individualreplied "As long as it takes, There's no limit to how long we have to process it".

I reminded her that it only takes 45 days to process an ORIGINAL permit and I was asking for a replacement, not a renewal.

I was told to hold, and a minute later I was told it should be ready to pickup no later than next Wednesday.

I can't wait to get out of Northern Virginia...........moving to Nottoway County next year.

Collier4385

imported post

I need to take the time to go the police station (NN) and get my fingerprints. Took the class, filled the paperwork out, but haven't taken the time to go to the police station. I better do that before roaming around with a openly carried gun (after a cop told me I would get my very own set of bracelets and a trip downtown). Such sadness!!