Thread: Manassas City IHOP

Post imported post

Ok. So, after attending this evening's VCDL meeting, I met a buddy of mine at an IHOP near my home in Manassas City. Since I OC and I live in Manassas City, it's only natural for me to OC in Manassas City.

IHOP was not particularly busy, but there were a few citizens who noticed I had a firearm. Noone said or asked anything, much to my disappointment as I like people to ask me questions so that I can educate them on VA laws, if they're not already aware.

As we were leaving, my buddy was using the restroom and I was standing in the lobby waiting for him. While standing there, in comes a uniformed member of the MCPD. The officer glanced over and noticed me and my firearm...a couple times. The officer never said anything and remained calm. My buddy exited the restroom and we left.

I was pleased that the officer did not appear nervous and did not question me about my firearm and did not create a scene. This is progress.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

"The officer never said anything and remained calm."

That's kind of funny in a way...his "remaining calm." ;-)

-- John D.

(formerly of Colorado Springs, CO)

Post imported post

This guy?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post imported post

vrwmiller wrote:
    Ok. So, after attending this evening's VCDL meeting, I met a buddy of mine at an IHOP near my home in Manassas City. Since I OC and I live in Manassas City, it's only natural for me to OC in Manassas City.

IHOP was not particularly busy, but there were a few citizens who noticed I had a firearm. Noone said or asked anything, much to my disappointment as I like people to ask me questions so that I can educate them on VA laws, if they're not already aware.

As we were leaving, my buddy was using the restroom and I was standing in the lobby waiting for him. While standing there, in comes a uniformed member of the MCPD. The officer glanced over and noticed me and my firearm...a couple times. The officer never said anything and remained calm. My buddy exited the restroom and we left.

I was pleased that the officer did not appear nervous and did not question me about my firearm and did not create a scene. This is progress.
    Nice -- Glad to here it was a non-event

DC