• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Manassas City IHOP

vrwmiller

imported post

Ok. So, after attending this evening's VCDL meeting, I met a buddy of mine at an IHOP near my home in Manassas City. Since I OC and I live in Manassas City, it's only natural for me to OC in Manassas City.

IHOP was not particularly busy, but there were a few citizens who noticed I had a firearm. Noone said or asked anything, much to my disappointment as I like people to ask me questions so that I can educate them on VA laws, if they're not already aware.

As we were leaving, my buddy was using the restroom and I was standing in the lobby waiting for him. While standing there, in comes a uniformed member of the MCPD. The officer glanced over and noticed me and my firearm...a couple times. The officer never said anything and remained calm. My buddy exited the restroom and we left.

I was pleased that the officer did not appear nervous and did not question me about my firearm and did not create a scene. This is progress.

DeadCenter

imported post

vrwmiller wrote:
Ok. So, after attending this evening's VCDL meeting, I met a buddy of mine at an IHOP near my home in Manassas City. Since I OC and I live in Manassas City, it's only natural for me to OC in Manassas City.

IHOP was not particularly busy, but there were a few citizens who noticed I had a firearm. Noone said or asked anything, much to my disappointment as I like people to ask me questions so that I can educate them on VA laws, if they're not already aware.

As we were leaving, my buddy was using the restroom and I was standing in the lobby waiting for him. While standing there, in comes a uniformed member of the MCPD. The officer glanced over and noticed me and my firearm...a couple times. The officer never said anything and remained calm. My buddy exited the restroom and we left.

I was pleased that the officer did not appear nervous and did not question me about my firearm and did not create a scene. This is progress.

Nice -- Glad to here it was a non-event

DC