• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC'ing then followed by a cop

Lew

imported post

beradcee wrote:
That video is totally fake. No cop in his right mind would wail on some kid for giving him the finger like that. I don't believe one bit that that was for real. Funny as hell, but fake
Well, maybe he wasn't.

LEO 229

imported post

beradcee wrote:
That video is totally fake. No cop in his right mind would wail on some kid for giving him the finger like that. I don't believe one bit that that was for real. Funny as hell, but fake
I would have to agree... but in either case... it was funny. :D

LEO 229

imported post

Citizen wrote:
LEO 229 wrote:
For the record..... That was not me!!! :D

Too late. I was already suspicious.:D
Well, it does look like me.. Citizen, you got me there. But he is about 100 lbs heavier than I am.. and not nearly as good lookin'! :p

LEO 229

imported post

GlockEm wrote:
nakedshoplifter wrote:
Question: Did the owner of the car have a CHP?
I just read this whole thread trying to see the response to this question. Is this necessary? If I'm carrying concealed and am not the driver, is this illegal for the driver who does not have a CHP??
I think the idea behind the question was... if the registered owner hada CC permit the LEO following would not think much about the passenger he observed who was OC.

IMO.... It would kinda puts the LEOs suspicions at ease.

Obviously, if your carrying concealed w/o a CC permit in the vehicle and it was discovered... only you would be charged.

I believe it would be hard to charge the driver for having a concealed weapon when you actually had physical possession at the time.

Now... Ifyou placed your gunin the vehicle and covered it up before leaving.... the driver, maybe not knowing about it, could be charged unless you decide to come back and clear up the matter.

IanB

imported post

Don't lie LEO, we all know what you look like...

43987_bj.jpg

LEO 229

imported post

Um, Ok... Where did you get my picture?

No cameras are allowed in court!

LEO 229

imported post

Citizen wrote:
That does it, LEO229. I'm not offering you any more beer. But you can bring your dog over anytime.
Aw come on now..... If you like the dog... you gotta like the owner.

TEX1N

imported post

thorsmitersaw wrote:
LEO 229 wrote:
+1 to the naked guy... did the registered owner have a CC permit?
does it matter?

I think the line of thinking that LEO and Naked were taking is that maybe the officer saw the handgun and followed the driver, ran the plates, and then saw that the owner had a CHP, so the officers quit following because they new the driver was legal.

We now know that the driver didn't have a permit, so maybe the officers just ran the tags and then stopped follow when they came back clean.

roscoe13

Campaign Veteran
imported post

beradcee wrote:

While I agree that no cop in his right mind would do this, unfortunately, (or, maybe, fortunately in most cases) cops are human. Occassionally, there's one that's not in his right mind, and things like this do sometimes happen. Now, I don't know if this particular incident is real or fake, but to dismiss it out of hand (or to accept it without some skepticism) is a bit naive...

Peace

swatpro911

imported post

Cops these days never look outside of the box like they should from the start. I always think twice about consequences that follow. I remain calm, polite, focused and disciplined at all times. Even if someone just throws watter bottle on the ground and my shoe gets wet, i can understand where its going. I would use the four stage problem solving process identified by task force of the Newport Police Dept, the first stage is Scanning, assesment, analysis, response. These arrogant rookie cops looking all leos bad in public eye. What u think LEO229?

LEO 229

imported post

swatpro911 wrote:
Cops these days never look outside of the box like they should from the start. I always think twice about consequences that follow. I remain calm, polite, focused and disciplined at all times. Even if someone just throws watter bottle on the ground and my shoe gets wet, i can understand where its going. I would use the four stage problem solving process identified by task force of the Newport Police Dept, the first stage is Scanning, assesment, analysis, response. These arrogant rookie cops looking all leos bad in public eye. What u think LEO229?

You can't sweat the small stuff.

People will do stuff right in front of you and not think about it because there are not thinking or they do not know it was wrong. Often times... it is not a personal attack.

In the case of that video.. the guy approached a cop minding his own business and not bothering anyone. The kid does stuff that is vulgar and entices the cop to react.

Now.. unless he touched me or appeared to be going that route... I would have stood there till the guy was done.

I would have to think... either he is a nut or he is baiting me.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
Now.. unless he touched me or appeared to be going that route... I would have stood there till the guy was done.

I would have to think... either he is a nut or he is baiting me.

I've understood since high schoolthat making someone fear injury is assault. Actually connecting with the blow is assault and battery. Was the officer not assaulted? Did you see the officer's instant reaction--he flinches back.

I don't condone the beating; but I suspectknuckle-head's stunt, as performed, was actionable.

What did knuckle-head think was gonna happen after he scared an armed someone? Even I, stupid as I can be, know that if you scare somebody, the next emotion you might see is anger. I don't think its any big stretch to think that somebody who has enoughforcefulnessin their character to physically control and arrest people might be capable of enough anger to wallop the tar out of you once he gets over his initial fright. Of course, blunder-brain wasn't thinking about any of that;he was enthusiastically focused ondiss-ing the officer.

I can see me complaining to grandfather now. He'd reply, "Well, boy. Did you learn something?"