• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC'ing then followed by a cop

LEO 229

imported post

Ya.. pulling a stunt like that to a guy who is armed with a variety of tools on his bat belt was stupid. It he reacted to your advances.... what might he do??

Mace, nightstick, gun... wait.. he got whooped with the nightstick. Would have been great had the officer had a taser!!!

The boy got beat.. but he truly asked for it.

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Well at least the LEO used proper baton technique. He went for joints, legs and back, not the head. Hitting people in the head just pisses them off and it scuffs up the baton.

Regards

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

If you guys get in trouble because of these posts, or they're used against you at some point as part of something else, don't ask me to testify. I'll look like a co-conspirator by the time I'm done explaining that y'all are joking. :D

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Well ... Proper technique does state that going for the head is less effective than joints and soft body areas. And ... well ... A head shot might scuff the stick .... and ... well .... Oh "h" just forget I said anything.

Regards

LEO 229

imported post

Hawkflyer wrote:
Well ... Proper technique does state that going for the head is less effective than joints and soft body areas. And ... well ... A head shot might scuff the stick .... and ... well .... Oh "h" just forget I said anything.

Regards
Buy as metal baton... No dents in mine... I use mine often. Was caught on tape one time. And that time.. it was the cop that was followed.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Citizen testified, "No, sir. I don't know who they are. Never seen 'em before. Never heard of 'em."

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
Hawkflyer wrote:

Regards
Buy as metal baton...  No dents in mine...  I use mine often. Was caught on tape one time.  And that time.. it was the cop that was followed.

I just don't know about this one. I did not figure you for an aluminium bat kind of guy. These is just something nice about a Blond hickory or maple baton.

Of course you are right as to damage. I kind of like some of the ASP equipment.

ParaWarthog

imported post

Hawkflyer wrote:
Proper technique does state that going for the head is less effective than joints and soft body areas
Forgive me for breaking up the often humorous LEO / Citizen / Hawkflyer dialogues, but am I correct in thinking that using a baton on the head area has been ruled by courts as a method of deadly force?

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

ParaWarthog wrote:
Hawkflyer wrote:
Proper technique does state that going for the head is less effective than joints and soft body areas
Forgive me for breaking up the often humorous LEO / Citizen / Hawkflyer dialogues, but am I correct in thinking that using a baton on the head area has been ruled by courts as a method of deadly force?

It was in the military. I imagine it was elsewhere, too; but I can't say for sure.

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Citizen wrote:
ParaWarthog wrote:
Hawkflyer wrote:

It was in the military.  I imagine it was elsewhere, too; but I can't say for sure.

I have not carried one for a long time now, and the guys in my agency do not either, so LEO will have to take this one.

regards

LEO 229

imported post

ParaWarthog wrote:
Hawkflyer wrote:

Oh my yes! You cannot do it unless deadly force it required.

I knew an officer that hit a guy in theforehead with a flashlight. But it was thelarge plastic style.

He had maced one and the other guy ran away.. only to double back around to attack the officer. The officer decided he better check his back....he saw the guy running full speed. He had just cuffed the firstguy andhad one hand on the bad guy and the other holding his flashlight.He quickly turned and stayed behind the cuffed guy.Only thing he could do was to react so heclocked the guy in the head and down he went. Two arrests that night.

Had to request rescue and a supervisor for the use of force.

ParaWarthog

imported post

Geeze, what a story! I'm not surprised that the supervisor was out there on that incident, LEO. Thanks a lot for the info., continue dialogue . . .

LEO 229

imported post

I was on the way to back him when it happened. I showed up just in time to see him picking up the pieces.

I was new on the joband was impressed with his ability to take these two guys down. They were two good size dudes too. They had been drinking so that makes it a little easier when the bad guy sees 3 cops for every one. :p