• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

State Trooper's gun's stole from SAFE?

xpun8

imported post

The story here, I think the original story was reported last night.

The guy (James Lynch) on the news said the guns (6 guns from a State Trooper's home in Pierce Co.) we stole (force entry) from a gun "safe" (?) in the trooper's home. Ed Troyer from the Pierce Co. Sheriff's Office said the guns were taken from a gun safe. Taken from a gun safe? WTH? I thought safe's kept our kids safe from evil firearms. (please note sarcasm, personally they couldn't take anything out of my safe, but they may have found a gun or two in the house had it been my house as I'm a firm believer that a safe is not part of my home defense strategy).

Anyway, the point of my post is that a student sent a txt msg to her mom telling her that a kid had a gun at school, mom calls authorities, school locks down, guns recovered without incident. The student had 3 guns and "extra" ammo on him when he was arrested. Let's lose the good feeling for a second and hypothetically say this kid had planned to open fire in the school. If this were the case it's truely a happy ending. BUT, what if...the ending could be much different.

Thankfully this is a happy story, not necessarily a pro 2nd A story.