Thread: "Mike Stallwerk" from "carryon.org"

Post imported post

Mike's interview has been posted on WAQY's website.

Not only do they get the website name WRONG, they got Mike's name WRONG.

http://www.rock102.com/bo_audioarchive.shtml

Anyone hear the lead-in to the interview starting at 6:55AM? They called him a "gun nut" and intentionally butchered his name.

Moderator / Administrator

Post imported post

I have not listened to it yet - the audio file is at http://rock102.com/bo_audioarchive.shtml

State Researcher

Post imported post

I listened to the first minute of the interview and got fed up. It sounded like Mike was being interviewed by Rosie O'Donell.

Someone please tell me if it is worth listening to the rest of it.

LoveMyCountry

Post imported post

Mike did a good job of stating the facts. The interviewer was an idiot with an agenda that was obviously anti-gun and only did the bare research required. Probably thought he was the next Don Imus.

Post imported post

MIke-In honor of your successful completion of that interview, I give you the following:

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Great job Mike. Hypotheticals are for idiots and you did great not falling into that trap. Hypothetically speaking in that classroom situation, the shooter would have never come in to aclassroom full of guns!!

Somebody should tell those clowns thatcars are tools that if IMPROPERLY used cause death, but guns are tools that if PROPERLY used cause death.

I got a buzz last night and it was the Rum's fault......

Post imported post

I used to live in that region. Couple of first class asses!!!

In case I haven'tsaid it before, Massachusetts is a wonderful place to leave!!!

Post imported post

It was obvious that the interviewers were fishing for anything and had their minds made up already. I like the little chuckles they did when they heard valid responses.

I really LOVED when they talked about students drinking alcohol and then having access to guns.

As I see it... we have millions of gun owners that drink away while at home with their gunsarenearby. It is extremely rare for anyone to drink and decide.."Hey, let me pop off a few rounds and endanger others."

Now I cannot say that drinking from a keg will make much difference but I am willing to think not.Areyou even allowed to drink on college property?

I think I need to put down about three Jack Daniels now toget my mind off that interview. Maybe I bettergive my guns to a neighbor.... do not want to get drunk and go shooting.

Post imported post

As I see it... we have millions of gun owners that drink away while at home with their guns are nearby.
    I get drunk as snot every friday night, my guns (all of them loaded) are always nearby. Fully loaded magazines lie all around me but you have to find them amoung the empty beer cans. Somewhere about beer #14 my AR-15 calls out for me to pet it. By this point, I'm naked except for my socks and a belt for my holster, my underwear is on my head, and purple unicorns are running through the house knocking over dishes and lamps. That beer sure does strange things to my head. Maybe I should seek help.

Post imported post

nakedshoplifter wrote:
    As I see it... we have millions of gun owners that drink away while at home with their guns are nearby.
    I get drunk as snot every friday night, my guns (all of them loaded) are always nearby. Fully loaded magazines lie all around me but you have to find them amoung the empty beer cans. Somewhere about beer #14 my AR-15 calls out for me to pet it. By this point, I'm naked except for my socks and a belt for my holster, my underwear is on my head, and purple unicorns are running through the house knocking over dishes and lamps. That beer sure does strange things to my head. Maybe I should seek help.
    I am going to have to HIGHLY recommend that.. Let me know if you find anyone good and give me his name.I will need to speak with him too whenmy new weapon moves into the house.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

nakedshoplifter wrote:
    Thanks, nekkid......that's a picture you did NOT need to share with us!! LMAO....:shock:

Post imported post

Aren't you supposed to be on vacation?

INTERNET ADDICT!

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

nakedshoplifter wrote:
    Aren't you supposed to be on vacation?

INTERNET ADDICT!
    LOL.....6:30 AM flight tomorrow! I'll bug you guys for a little while longer!

Post imported post

nakedshoplifter wrote:
    that put such a bad picture in my head i think my unborn kids will have nightmares for years to come

Post imported post

OK, sorry to take the thread off topic with that one.

Anyone else listen to the interview and have something insightful to add?

Post imported post

LOL, nakedshoplifter, incredible story. Too much info., yet hilarious.

I'll go back to those talking heads for a moment: Mike, incredible job facing those morons who had plenty of time to set their stupid hypothetical traps. One mentioned the dangers of a student drinking too much at a keg party and then having access to a gun. I guess he's not worried about the car keys in the drunk's pocket, is he?

Responsibility transcends certain choices. When I enjoy my Russian gasoline (cheap Vodka) on the weekends, I make absolute sure that my guns are in the safe before I start sipping, and my carry gun is in my bedside safe. Irresponsibility would mean waiting until I've finished imbibing and deciding it would be a good time to take a 1911 in condition one out of a concealed carry holster.

P.S. BobCav, I'm jealous of your vacation (wish I could get away myself), but I hope you have a great time. Don't be tempted to pay the ridiculous fees to get on the internet while on your trip! Just enjoy the weather!

Post imported post

I could see they were trying to be funny. I could have done w/o the "gun nut" reference but I think it was said in fun.

Of the two.. the second guy seemed to be more on the attack. And I am sure they took out of context what was meant about EVERYBODY having a gun.

Obviously, there are some people in society that should NOT have a gun and I think we all have a few friends that scar us too. I feel that most people know if they can handle a gun and the responsibility of using it.

They also spoke about how hesaid that NOBODY would have been killed except the bad guy. And then there was a reference to 400 people. What was that all about?

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

Not being in Mike's shoes, and not having to answer these fools at 0800, it's easy for me to say, but I found myself wishing Mike had said something to the effect of "Let's be real here." I felt there were opportunities to stop some of their idiocy - things like "No, not everyone should have a gun. Everyone should have the option to make a choice." Of course, I also realize how judicious editing can destroy a statement like that.

Overall, I was pleased with how well Mike managed to maintain his cool.
    Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein

Post imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
    And then there was a reference to 400 people. What was that all about?
    This statement was made in order to further mock Mike's position. The DJ implied that if all the students had been armed, there would be "400 gunmen" instead of one. The 400 was an arbitrary number, but the implication that the would be heroes would be gunmen was asinine.

Post imported post

Ridiculous hypotheticals aside, there were two other things that chapped my hide.

1) Is the scoffing after Mike made his statements. It wasnt sufficient to be insulting, but they also disrespected Mike in a nonverbal rebuttal which said to listeners- "I think this is steeewpid..."

2) The interviewer repeatedly brought up training. To use his car analogy, just how much training is required before someone is given a license to drive? I recall drivers ed here in California and we spent like half a semester in the classroom and about 30 minutes behind the wheel with the instructor. So- if we were to adhere to this mans equivilency analogy then we would spend three months in a classroom and touch off 100 rounds of ammunition -- and then it would be satisfactory for him?

Probably not, as he then brought up the fact that policemen have to go through hours and hours of training and also must requalify. Policemen are required to requalify, retrain, and learn new gun laws and tactics constantly. Do armed citizens have to possess the same knowledge andtactical abilities a policeman has? While it would be nice, the answer is no.

This issue of training with the interviewer is just another means to limit ownership and use of firearms by anyone other than police. How many hours of training should be required? 40 hours? 100 hours? 1,000 hours? And then how frequently should requalifying occur? Every 5 years? Once a year? Every 6 months? And who accredits training? A localapproved firearms school? A State regulated school? A State Academy staffed by civil servants? All of these things can be used to eliminate average people from carrying firearms.

Is some training necessary? Yes- but we arent training cops...and safe gun handling hasnt changed one iota since I began carrying mine nearly 15 years ago.
    New to OPEN CARRY in California? Click and read this first...

NA MALE SUBJ ON FOOT, LS NB 3 AGO HAD A HOLSTERED HANDGUN ON HIS RIGHT HIP. WAS NOT BRANDISHING THE WEAPON, BUT RP FOUND SUSPICIOUS.
    CL SUBJ IN COMPLIANCE WITH LAW

Support the 2A in California - Shop Amazon for any item and up to 15% of all purchases go back to the Calguns Foundation. Enter through either of the following links
    www.calgunsfoundation.org/amazon
    www.shop42a.com

Post imported post

I'm from CT and I have to deal with these ******** everyday! By the way, does anyone have Richard Blumenthal's (CT's Attorney General) written opinion on the legality of open carry in the "Constitution State?" If not, I will be writing him a letter in the very near future!

Post imported post

Ok - I just listened to this and I got pissed. Glad I was not on the other end of the phone getting chuckled at.

My hat goes of to you Mike for "Staying the Course"

DC