• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

"Mike Stallwerk" from "carryon.org"

IanB

imported post

Mike's interview has been posted on WAQY's website.

Not only do they get the website name WRONG, they got Mike's name WRONG.

http://www.rock102.com/bo_audioarchive.shtml

Anyone hear the lead-in to the interview starting at 6:55AM? They called him a "gun nut" and intentionally butchered his name.

LoveMyCountry

State Researcher
imported post

I listened to the first minute of the interview and got fed up. It sounded like Mike was being interviewed by Rosie O'Donell. :banghead:

Someone please tell me if it is worth listening to the rest of it.

LoveMyCountry

bohdi

imported post

Mike did a good job of stating the facts. The interviewer was an idiot with an agenda that was obviously anti-gun and only did the bare research required. Probably thought he was the next Don Imus.

bayboy42

imported post

MIke-In honor of your successful completion of that interview, I give you the following:

MSAward.jpg

BobCav

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Great job Mike. Hypotheticals are for idiots and you did great not falling into that trap. Hypothetically speaking in that classroom situation, the shooter would have never come in to aclassroom full of guns!!

Somebody should tell those clowns thatcars are tools that if IMPROPERLY used cause death, but guns are tools that if PROPERLY used cause death.

I got a buzz last night and it was the Rum's fault......

occva

imported post

I used to live in that region. Couple of first class asses!!!

In case I haven'tsaid it before, Massachusetts is a wonderful place to leave!!!

LEO 229

imported post

It was obvious that the interviewers were fishing for anything and had their minds made up already. I like the little chuckles they did when they heard valid responses.

I really LOVED when they talked about students drinking alcohol and then having access to guns.

As I see it... we have millions of gun owners that drink away while at home with their gunsarenearby. It is extremely rare for anyone to drink and decide.."Hey, let me pop off a few rounds and endanger others."

Now I cannot say that drinking from a keg will make much difference but I am willing to think not.Areyou even allowed to drink on college property?

I think I need to put down about three Jack Daniels now toget my mind off that interview. Maybe I bettergive my guns to a neighbor.... do not want to get drunk and go shooting.

IanB

imported post

As I see it... we have millions of gun owners that drink away while at home with their guns are nearby.

I get drunk as snot every friday night, my guns (all of them loaded) are always nearby. Fully loaded magazines lie all around me but you have to find them amoung the empty beer cans. Somewhere about beer #14 my AR-15 calls out for me to pet it. By this point, I'm naked except for my socks and a belt for my holster, my underwear is on my head, and purple unicorns are running through the house knocking over dishes and lamps. That beer sure does strange things to my head. Maybe I should seek help.

LEO 229

imported post

nakedshoplifter wrote:
As I see it... we have millions of gun owners that drink away while at home with their guns are nearby.

I get drunk as snot every friday night, my guns (all of them loaded) are always nearby. Fully loaded magazines lie all around me but you have to find them amoung the empty beer cans. Somewhere about beer #14 my AR-15 calls out for me to pet it. By this point, I'm naked except for my socks and a belt for my holster, my underwear is on my head, and purple unicorns are running through the house knocking over dishes and lamps. That beer sure does strange things to my head. Maybe I should seek help.
I am going to have to HIGHLY recommend that.. :D Let me know if you find anyone good and give me his name.I will need to speak with him too whenmy new weapon moves into the house.

BobCav

Founder's Club Member
imported post

nakedshoplifter wrote:

Thanks, nekkid......that's a picture you did NOT need to share with us!! LMAO....:shock:

sitedzn

imported post

nakedshoplifter wrote:

that put such a bad picture in my head i think my unborn kids will have nightmares for years to come:lol:

IanB

imported post

OK, sorry to take the thread off topic with that one.

Anyone else listen to the interview and have something insightful to add?

ParaWarthog

imported post

LOL, nakedshoplifter, incredible story. Too much info., yet hilarious.

I'll go back to those talking heads for a moment: Mike, incredible job facing those morons who had plenty of time to set their stupid hypothetical traps. One mentioned the dangers of a student drinking too much at a keg party and then having access to a gun. I guess he's not worried about the car keys in the drunk's pocket, is he?

Responsibility transcends certain choices. When I enjoy my Russian gasoline (cheap Vodka) on the weekends, I make absolute sure that my guns are in the safe before I start sipping, and my carry gun is in my bedside safe. Irresponsibility would mean waiting until I've finished imbibing and deciding it would be a good time to take a 1911 in condition one out of a concealed carry holster.

P.S. BobCav, I'm jealous of your vacation (wish I could get away myself), but I hope you have a great time. Don't be tempted to pay the ridiculous fees to get on the internet while on your trip! Just enjoy the weather!

LEO 229

imported post

I could see they were trying to be funny. I could have done w/o the "gun nut" reference but I think it was said in fun.

Of the two.. the second guy seemed to be more on the attack. And I am sure they took out of context what was meant about EVERYBODY having a gun.

Obviously, there are some people in society that should NOT have a gun and I think we all have a few friends that scar us too. I feel that most people know if they can handle a gun and the responsibility of using it.

They also spoke about how hesaid that NOBODY would have been killed except the bad guy. And then there was a reference to 400 people. What was that all about?

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Not being in Mike's shoes, and not having to answer these fools at 0800, it's easy for me to say, but I found myself wishing Mike had said something to the effect of "Let's be real here." I felt there were opportunities to stop some of their idiocy - things like "No, not everyone should have a gun. Everyone should have the option to make a choice." Of course, I also realize how judicious editing can destroy a statement like that.

Overall, I was pleased with how well Mike managed to maintain his cool.

ParaWarthog

imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
And then there was a reference to 400 people. What was that all about?
This statement was made in order to further mock Mike's position. The DJ implied that if all the students had been armed, there would be "400 gunmen" instead of one. The 400 was an arbitrary number, but the implication that the would be heroes would be gunmen was asinine.