• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

A New Yorker in Israel

glocknroll

imported post

personaltrainer1987 wrote:
30 cal slut wrote:
Personal Trainer,

Do me a favor and try to knock some sense into Chuckie Schumer sometime, will ya?

:p

I enjoyed reading the story and I am very glad we have a PRO-GUN JEW amongst us.

I have a question ... can a gentile U.S. citizen (civilian) legally carry a weapon in Israel?

I know that countries like Saudi Arabia honor U.S. CCW permits. Wondering what the Israeli system is.

Welcome back by the way. Just remember not to piss off too many CT cops with OC. :banghead:

Connecticut and the United States in general tend to be VERY frustrating for Israeli Jews, who are used to OCing automatic weapons all the time! Over there, if you CC you tend to feel a mix of guilt and concern. Israelis can usually tell when someone is hidding a weapon (jee, I wonder why?)and anyone who does is immediately cause for suspicious. Real men have NOTHING to hide and OC their assualt rifles and submachine guns. A pistol is NOT going to stop some crazed, jihadist Arab high on brown-brown, hell-bent on committing public suicide and taking out as many Jews with him as possible! Thats the job of AUTOMATICS!

When I CC semi-auto pistols over here, to tell you the truth, I feel like I'm doing something wrong! Men protecting their families and friends carry full-auto and have NOTHING to hide! I'm just itching to move out of this People's Republic state and into the south, where its acceptable to at least OC!

Now, I'm about 98% sure that Israel will NOT honor U.S. CCW permits to carry CONCEALED, but OC shouldn't be a problem at all! I'll keep you guys updated with whatever I find out about that.

Now, in terms of pro-gun Jews, currently, the most powerful person in the gun-rights lobby is a Jewish woman! (Seriously, how cool is that!) I'm of course talking about NRA president Sandra Froman.

You are absolutely correct about Chuck Schumer! Let's not forget, however, about my other freedom-hating brethren, such as Diane Feinstein, Sen. Lautenberg, Joe Lieberman (whom I know personally), and, lets not forget about the Anti-christ (no pun intended!) himself..... Michael Bloomberg! (he gives the term K!K# a whole new meaning!!!!)

Now, while I do knowBloomberg's family through some relatives in New York (surprise, surprise), he is a tough man to talk to. VERY stubborn. If I ever do get a chance, however, I will absolutely give him a piece of my mind!

Schumer is a different story altogether, though! Other Jews don't even like him! This is partly because he actually tried to deny being Jewish on some talk show a little while back! Now, he was joking, but his fellow countrymen (so to speak) weren't laughing. We don't tend to think very highly of self-hating or self-depreciating Jews! (Hitler, anyone?)
I'm more than a little surprised that you didn't mention the JPFO (Jews For The Preservation of Firearms Ownership). I am not Jewish, butI understand the meaning of "Never Again". When the JPFO says never again, they mean it. They are dedicated to making sure. As far as I am concerned, they are among the foremost firearms rights groups in this country. I don't know of any other 2nd amendment rights group that offers 80% finished AR15 and 1911 receivers and frames so that free Americans can build their own guns, free from any paper trail.

personaltrainer1987

imported post

Glocknroll,

I apologize. I absolutely should have mentioned my personal favorite! I am a card carrying member of the JPFO!!!

"NEVER AGAIN!" That was what we swore at my swearing in ceremony at Masada! I'm surprised/impressed that you know about that! Most gentiles don't have ANY idea what that means.

glocknroll

imported post

Glocknroll,

I apologize. I absolutely should have mentioned my personal favorite! I am a card carrying member of the JPFO!!!

"NEVER AGAIN!" That was what we swore at my swearing in ceremony at Masada! I'm surprised/impressed that you know about that! Most gentiles don't have ANY idea what that means.
Any credit for my limited knowledge of Judaism goes to my best friend from high school, who was/is Jewish, and was always willingto answer my questions about his people/culture/religion.

teknoid

imported post

I have visited Israel on several occasions (mostly in the Tel-Aviv area) on buisiness, and enjoyed it immensely. The people were very friendly towards me, and also very well armed. I felt almost as safe as if I had been carrying my own. The first lesson I learned was that renting a car was a big mistake. The english sub-titles on the street signs are pretty small, and I can't read Hebrew. Wrong turns in Israel are not a good idea, especially when it is onto a street containing a barracks. Good thing I don't look palestinian! They don't appreciate uninvited vehicles there, with good reason.

personaltrainer1987

imported post

teknoid wrote:
I have visited Israel on several occasions (mostly in the Tel-Aviv area) on buisiness, and enjoyed it immensely. The people were very friendly towards me, and also very well armed. I felt almost as safe as if I had been carrying my own. The first lesson I learned was that renting a car was a big mistake. The english sub-titles on the street signs are pretty small, and I can't read Hebrew. Wrong turns in Israel are not a good idea, especially when it is onto a street containing a barracks. Good thing I don't look palestinian! They don't appreciate uninvited vehicles there, with good reason.
Oh no!!! You didn't! :what:pLEASE tell me you didn'tenter into a secured zone! It's a good thing that you didn't get shot! Consider yourself lucky to be alive. I've known people that have inadvertantly done similar things and have not been so lucky! We take that kind of thing VERY seriously.

teknoid

imported post

teknoid wrote:
Oh no!!! You didn't! :what:pLEASE tell me you didn'tenter into a secured zone! It's a good thing that you didn't get shot! Consider yourself lucky to be alive. I've known people that have inadvertantly done similar things and have not been so lucky! We take that kind of thing VERY seriously.
Yes, I did. The looks I got just screamed "How stupid can you be?"

I missed a turn, and had intended to just go around the block. Bad move. As soon as I got to the hotel, I called Avis (3 doors from the hotel) and asked them to pick the car up. I took a cab from then on. All I had to remember was XX Ygal Alon, and the name of the hotel. I didn't really need a car anyway, walking was fun! (and safer) I'm sure the New Yorkers love it there, since everyone drives the same! That was on the first visit. I never drove there again. It just isn't smart if you can't read the signs.

personaltrainer1987

imported post

teknoid wrote:
teknoid wrote:
Yes, I did. The looks I got just screamed "How stupid can you be?"

I missed a turn, and had intended to just go around the block. Bad move. As soon as I got to the hotel, I called Avis (3 doors from the hotel) and asked them to pick the car up. I took a cab from then on. All I had to remember was XX Ygal Alon, and the name of the hotel. I didn't really need a car anyway, walking was fun! (and safer) I'm sure the New Yorkers love it there, since everyone drives the same! That was on the first visit. I never drove there again. It just isn't smart if you can't read the signs.

HAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAA!!!! :lol: Laughing my ASS off!!!! I can almost picture it in my head! Lemme guess... The soldiers were like 18-19 or something?!

I would have died laughing!!!! (literally) They must have absolutely FREAKED out!!! Images of my countrymen shitting themselves out of fear and bewilderment come to mind! :banghead:

30 cal slut

imported post

here's a story on Saudi Arabia - sorry for the late response.

http://www.ccrkba.org/pub/rkba/press-releases/CC_-_RELEASE_Saudi_gun_permits.html

NEWS RELEASE

Citizens Committee for the
Right to Keep and Bear Arms
12500 N.E. Tenth Place
Bellevue, WA 98005

CCRKBA HAILS SAUDI ARABIA ON FIREARMS, ASKS WHAT'S WRONG WITH OTHER COUNTRIES

For Immediate Release: June 25, 2004

The Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms (CCRKBA) today hailed an announcement by the government in Saudi Arabia that foreigners who feel threatened by a wave of militant violence can carry guns for their personal protection. The report was carried by the Reuters news agency.

"This sensible move by the Saudi government should send a signal to other nations around the world, where citizens have been essentially disarmed and left to the mercy of a growing criminal element," said CCRKBA Chairman Alan Gottlieb. "For example, Great Britain, Canada and Australia have all imposed horribly restrictive gun laws on their citizens, and look what's happened. Violent crime has soared, and the public is defenseless..

"In Saudi Arabia," Gottlieb continued, "Interior Minister Prince Hayef bin Abdulaziz observed Thursday that 'a Saudi has the right to carry a weapon' and he noted that any foreign resident who fears for his or her safety could get a permit to carry a firearm, too."

Prince Hayef noted in his announcement that he meant "a personal weapon which a person can have in his own country."

"Certainly," Gottlieb noted, "Prince Hayef would be baffled at the way citizens in so-called civilized nations have been left defenseless against criminals and thugs, while in his own country, the government is now allowing even foreigners to go legally armed for their own protection. It appears that the Prince fully understands that citizens, and even non-citizens, are entitled to protect themselves against criminal attack.

"We are gratified by this gesture of the Saudi government," Gottlieb said, "toward the safety of foreigners living within their borders, including many American citizens. We think the leaders of other countries, not to mention the governors of states like Wisconsin, Illinois, Kansas and Nebraska-where concealed carry remains illegal for law-abiding Americans-could take a lesson from prince Hayef."

With more than 650,000 members and supporters nationwide, the Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms is one of the nation's premier gun rights organizations. As a non-profit organization, the Citizens Committee is dedicated to preserving firearms freedoms through active lobbying of elected officials and facilitating grass-roots organization of gun rights activists in local communities throughout the United States. The Citizens Committee can be reached by phone at (425) 454-4911, on the internet at www.ccrkba.org or by email to www@ccrkba.org.

30 cal slut

imported post

http://www.asharqalawsat.com/english/news.asp?section=1&id=8792

Saudi Arabia Introduces New Gun Laws
Saturday 28 April 2007
By Huda al Saleh

Riyadh, Asharq Al-Awsat- The Saudi Ministry of Interior has doubled the duration of licenses to own or carry a weapon to ten years [for individuals] and to five years for marksmanship clubs and stores that sell weapons under a new bill for arms and ammunition.
The bill which was approved recently by the Interior Minister, Prince Naif Bin Abdulaziz, has specified that the age for practicing shooting at clubs would be set at 18 and a license to own and carry a weapon would be granted at the age of 21.
The bill that clarified the articles of the 63rd act that was published over two years ago after the approval of the Saudi cabinet in August 2005, stipulated a bank guarantee of 500,000 Saudi Riyals (SR), (US $133,000) for those wishing to trade in weapons and permitted licensing stores that sell arms.
The bill is to permit the use of military, personal, and government weapons and ammunition according to the directives. The bill also includes allowing the possibility of obtaining a license to repair personal firearms and air rifles from the Ministry of Interior.
Asharq Al Awsat obtained the details of the bill that looks at the conditions for acquiring a permit to repair personal firearms, hunting weapons, and rifles; in addition to permits for personal purchases of arms and possession and penalties.
The bill explained all conditions and the registration process for marksmanship clubs, which includes the applicant body, club specifications, and the essence of controlling the clubs including the conditions for accepting members. The bill has limited the right to establishing marksmanship clubs to Saudi citizens over 25 years of age, providing the applicant is without prior security or criminal convictions and has no record of mental illness. The bill prohibits clubs from practice until after attaining membership of the Arab Saudi Marksmanship Federation.
Regarding the conditions and specifications of clubs, the bill stipulates that these centers are situated far from any significant buildings, residential areas, schools, hospitals, social probation centers, public markets and petrol stations. The bill imposed the construction of two stockrooms inside each club, solidly built according to the technical specifications of weapons and ammunitions warehouses, with electric gates for metal detection at the entrance and the installation of surveillance systems.
The bill also permitted the practicing of marksmanship for boys aged 12 years and above as long as a guardian is present and allowed clubs that hold training courses for those working in armed security institutions and companies only under the supervision of public security, with the club being responsible for providing specialized trainers and assistant trainers in shooting competitions approved by the international federation and according to the conditions of the Arab Saudi Marksmanship Federation.
The bill has specified the conditions for applicants wishing to obtain a license for carrying or owning personal arms and hunting weapons to be of no younger than 21 years of age, with no criminal record, in addition to being of sound mental and physical health. The licenses expire five years from the date of issuance for all types of permits such as to import, sell, or repair personal arms, air rifles, vintage rifles and permits for shooting and hunting clubs, the armed private security institutions and companies. These licenses can be renewed for the same period. Licenses to carry or possess personal weapons are valid for 10 years providing it is renewed three months prior to the expiry date.
Regarding the commercial activity of the arms trade, the bill has outlined conditions for those applying for permits to import personal firearms, air rifles, and hunting weapons to be at least 25 years of age with a valid commercial registration and a bank guarantee of SR500,000 (US $133,000). The applicant is granted a period of six months to acquire a certificate from the authorities of public security and civil defense to confirm the existence of a showroom and two warehouses that comply with the conditions and standards of safety and security for the issuance of a ministerial approval for a five-year license that is renewable.
In reference to the eighth article, the bill specifies places and times during which the carrying of a registered firearm is prohibited; such as within the vicinity of the two holy mosques and other mosques, near military grounds and oil bases and areas that clearly state that they should not be approached. In addition, government offices, airports, schools, public gatherings, or private and public celebrations are also not to be approached whilst carrying a registered weapon. The bill approved a penalty of SR1000 (US $226) for those who fail to comply with the regulations.
The bill outlined the conditions for obtaining a permit to repair personal weapons and air rifles, according to the eleventh clause of section nine, “to be a Saudi citizen who meets the conditions to be granted a license for weapons”. The local police and civil defense departments conduct random inspections on establishments to monitor the level of compliance to the set conditions, and to submit the results of the inspection to the governor of the province.
The bill referred to severe penalties for violators of the act, with a maximum penalty of 30 years imprisonment and penalties of no more than SR 300,000 (US $80,000) in the event of being convicted of smuggling or using military or personal weapons, parts of weapons, selling or buying weapons or ammunition in order to breach internal security.
The bill also refers to the imprisonment of all those who have been proven to have purchased or sold a personal weapon or ammunition without a permit for a period of no longer than two years and/or a fine of no more than SR 7000 (US $1866). In addition, it stipulates the penalty of eight months imprisonment and a fine of SR 6000 (US $1500) for those who have been proved to have carried a personal weapon or ammunition without a license.
Regarding penalties for institutions and companies or any other establishment that has violated any of the set regulations; these will be subject to all penalties prescribed in the act except for imprisonment.
Section 42 of the act has set a period of six months imprisonment and the payment of SR 3000 (US $800) for those proven to have withheld information from the authorities about the trading of illegal arms or smuggling.
The bill has set conditions for employing non-Saudis that is permissible only after obtaining a permit, repairing weapons only after taking part in a training course through the public security authority or the gaining of an approved educational certificate from the responsible authority (public security), not repairing any unregistered weapons, in addition to not modifying any weapon or ammunition to make it more dangerous

aresaypee

imported post

Thanks for the interesting story. Didn't even know people open carried in Israel and that's interesting Uiz's are so damn cheap there. That rocks. The ignorance and fear of the female new yorker was also interesting.

Do they allow silencers?

dng

State Researcher
imported post

Why can't we carry guns like Israel? I guess we should have the right according to the constitution, but one would definitely be arrested!

UTOC-45-44

imported post

BobCav wrote:
Jared wrote:
BobCav wrote:
League, you took the words right outta my mouth!

US citizens by birth cannot gain dual citizenship. To declare citizenship in another country, you have to denounce your American citizenship. My wife is a dual citizen of both Brazil and the US and I've researched it plenty. There's something about living in Brazil off my military retirement and not paying US taxes that is very, very appealing.

Lemme tell you, I've been to Israel with the US Navy and there weresome hot sexy young ladies wearing cammies and packing UZI's when I was there. Going to the Western Wall we passed through a security checkpoint and I tried my best to get patted down by one of those fine young ladies... she just laughed and told me to keep moving!

US Citizens by birth can be dual citizens or even citizens of more then 2 places. Many places recognize citizenship by blood. Many of my co-workers are citizens of Mexico because of this. Secondly, you only lose US citizenship if you take an oath of allegance to the other country and you take the oath outside of the United States.

Many US citizens become citizens of the phillipines because you no not need to take an oath of allegiance.
Jared, it looks like you're correct. I researched it ust after I was married and thought I remembered seeing something that prohibited dual citizenship. Must not have looked in the right place.Since my wife is a Brasiliera, I may be eligible for dual citizenship, or at the very least, a permanent visa.

Yea, Bob I do remember that You have a Wife from Brazil.

Brazilian women...,I tell you.

I had a "hand-2-hand combat" with a Brazilian woman once:what:. And finally my "Gun" went off in "self-defense".She didn't mind. I was "OCing" so she could see it coming:lol:.Oh my...one of the best "AD's" I ever had:monkey

Anyways..., I'm a Swedish Citizen ( White Male ) and have been here in the U.S for 9 years ( just shy of 2week ) and I just a few months ago applied for a U.S Citizenship. Am I then A Bad Person GaGunOwner.???

I've Paid my dues ( taxes ) and ALL the $$$ for all documents to be able to get this Privilege. It has cost me about $1500 all-in-all + ALL THE STRESS.

(Believe me if you haven't gone thru the rigamaro you will not understand what it takes.1 time I didn't have a Birth Cerificate stamped from Sweden and INS would allow a faxed copy from Sweden (this was to get my Work Permit,just because one marries a U.S Citizen one does not automatically get to work,there is ALOT of work to get there). My dad had to drive 45 min to get the Document and a Notary Public to validate it. He then had to successfully fax it to a location I was at ( Kinko's ). I was about 30 min away from my deadline to have ALL documents turned in or I WOULD BE DEPORTED,and I would not have had the opportunity to return to the U.S for at least 5 years.)

So if I shouldn't be able to have a Dual-Citizenship I then should not be able to have a Residency Permit either??? and therefore NOT be able to "Bear arms" to Protect my Beautiful wife, my ugly face and Family and friends + everyone else that needs protection ???

Why do you frown upon Dual- Citizenship ???

Just my .45

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Forgive me if I missed it, butwhat did you find out about non-Jewish Americans OCing in Israel?

VERY interesting information on this thread. COOL!

Jared

imported post

BobCav wrote:
Jared wrote:
BobCav wrote:

US citizens by birth cannot gain dual citizenship. To declare citizenship in another country, you have to denounce your American citizenship. My wife is a dual citizen of both Brazil and the US and I've researched it plenty. There's something about living in Brazil off my military retirement and not paying US taxes that is very, very appealing.

Lemme tell you, I've been to Israel with the US Navy and there weresome hot sexy young ladies wearing cammies and packing UZI's when I was there. Going to the Western Wall we passed through a security checkpoint and I tried my best to get patted down by one of those fine young ladies... she just laughed and told me to keep moving!

US Citizens by birth can be dual citizens or even citizens of more then 2 places. Many places recognize citizenship by blood. Many of my co-workers are citizens of Mexico because of this. Secondly, you only lose US citizenship if you take an oath of allegance to the other country and you take the oath outside of the United States.

Many US citizens become citizens of the phillipines because you no not need to take an oath of allegiance.
Jared, it looks like you're correct. I researched it ust after I was married and thought I remembered seeing something that prohibited dual citizenship. Must not have looked in the right place.Since my wife is a Brasiliera, I may be eligible for dual citizenship, or at the very least, a permanent visa.

I hope I'm right, I enforce immigration law on a daily basis. :) As long as you do not take an oath of allegiance in your legal name, you will be ok. The US can not stop a foreign entity from granting you citizenship. Just be careful, some places have mandatory time in service, if you were visiting and called into service, while you are there, their is only so much the American Embassy can do for you :)

Jared

imported post

UTOC-45-44 wrote:
BobCav wrote:
Jared wrote:
BobCav wrote:

Yea, Bob I do remember that You have a Wife from Brazil.

Brazilian women...,I tell you.

I had a "hand-2-hand combat" with a Brazilian woman once:what:. And finally my "Gun" went off in "self-defense".She didn't mind. I was "OCing" so she could see it coming:lol:.Oh my...one of the best "AD's" I ever had:monkey

Anyways..., I'm a Swedish Citizen ( White Male ) and have been here in the U.S for 9 years ( just shy of 2week ) and I just a few months ago applied for a U.S Citizenship. Am I then A Bad Person GaGunOwner.???

I've Paid my dues ( taxes ) and ALL the $$$ for all documents to be able to get this Privilege. It has cost me about $1500 all-in-all + ALL THE STRESS.

(Believe me if you haven't gone thru the rigamaro you will not understand what it takes.1 time I didn't have a Birth Cerificate stamped from Sweden and INS would allow a faxed copy from Sweden (this was to get my Work Permit,just because one marries a U.S Citizen one does not automatically get to work,there is ALOT of work to get there). My dad had to drive 45 min to get the Document and a Notary Public to validate it. He then had to successfully fax it to a location I was at ( Kinko's ). I was about 30 min away from my deadline to have ALL documents turned in or I WOULD BE DEPORTED,and I would not have had the opportunity to return to the U.S for at least 5 years.)

So if I shouldn't be able to have a Dual-Citizenship I then should not be able to have a Residency Permit either??? and therefore NOT be able to "Bear arms" to Protect my Beautiful wife, my ugly face and Family and friends + everyone else that needs protection ???

Why do you frown upon Dual- Citizenship ???

Just my .45

I agree, anyone who says non-citizens have no rights are bigots to be honest. If your clean and are not disqualified, they you too have a right to keep and bear arms, after all, it is a fundamental human right, right?

People who say only citizens should be able to have guns are either one of two things,

1. gun grabbers

or

2. live under a rock and would probably change their views quickly if they married someone and in the time that the spouse is not a citizen (5 years minimum from when you become a permenant resident) they somehow realize that the person they love should be entitled to CCW permits, self-defense and all that.