• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Pro Gun Political Satire Cartoon Strips

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
imported post

I have had an idea for a pro-gun cartoon strip for a while and I put
together a few episodes at

http://hfg.opencarry.org

Have a look and let me know what you guys think :D[/code]

xpun8

imported post

What I'm thinking-

...<staring>...
I wonder where the guns are?

</staring>

No one else replied yet, so I figured WTH. No balls, no blue chips.

I may have replied, but I'm still blue chipless. :D

personaltrainer1987

imported post

Come on, dude! Don't dog on Heston! He did a lot forour cause. Yeah, he was much more moderate than we would have liked, (okay, okay... much, much more), but he still did a lot for us. Think about where we would be today if he hadn't come along! (And the rest of the NRA for that matter). Plus, he was great for PR!!!!

Otherwise, absolutely hilarious!!!!! I'm still rolling around! The Alec Baldwin and Ted Kennedy thing was awesome!

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
imported post

The cartoon is a story about a girl who makes a logical decision to support gun rights before she ever owns a gun.

Expect to see her purchase her first gun, get a CCW and open carry all in future episodes (already in production)

:lol:

xpun8 wrote:
What I'm thinking-

...<staring>...
I wonder where the guns are?

</staring>

No one else replied yet, so I figured WTH. No balls, no blue chips.

I may have replied, but I'm still blue chipless. :D

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
imported post

I wasn't doggin on Mr. Heston. He did great things for us and is a great and courageous man!

I was simply playing off the fact that Sarah Brady would consider him the equivalent of Satan in her twisted world view.

Thanks for taking a look!

personaltrainer1987 wrote:
Come on, dude! Don't dog on Heston! He did a lot forour cause. Yeah, he was much more moderate than we would have liked, (okay, okay... much, much more), but he still did a lot for us. Think about where we would be today if he hadn't come along! (And the rest of the NRA for that matter). Plus, he was great for PR!!!!

Otherwise, absolutely hilarious!!!!! I'm still rolling around! The Alec Baldwin and Ted Kennedy thing was awesome!

xpun8

imported post

Holy crap! Where's the clueless or duh "emoticon" for me? :banghead:

I didn't enter, I thought the front page was the comic. Mouseover revealed the link...

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
imported post

When you have a software consulting business, 3 kids and a horse ranch, PLUS being an active gun rights supporter, you sometimes have to stay up late to get anything done :)

But I do plan to hit the hay soon. 6am will be here soon enough!

:D

xpun8 wrote:
and...
What the heck are you doing up at this hour?

xpun8

imported post

a comment now that I've actually got past the first page (index).

That's freakin' hillarious. Good job, keep it up and get some sleep.

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
El Paso, TX (formerly Colorado Springs, CO)
imported post

I agree...they're pretty good, AT LEAST as good as any of the ones I've seen in newspapers and better than half of them.

Keep it up...maybe you could be the next "Doonesbury" of sorts, i.e., "biting [pro-gun] commentary."

Now all you need is a print/online newspaper to run them...

-- John D.

LoveMyCountry

State Researcher
imported post

Splash.png

T-Shirt! T-Shirt! T-Shirt!

LoveMyCountry

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

Cool comic strip, I like the striped down style. Also makes it easier to convert into flash animation I would think.

The monkey with a pistol in a high sabrina position would make a good logo. Or even put all three characters in poses like the old charlies angles logo.

HerbM

imported post

jpierce wrote:
I have had an idea for a pro-gun cartoon strip for a while and I put
together a few episodes at

http://hfg.opencarry.org

Have a look and let me know what you guys think :D
Code:
I love them.

They should be syndicated.

You should definitely try sending them to at least some monthly magazine.

THANK YOU!

--
Herb

HerbM

imported post

longwatch wrote:
The monkey with a pistol in a high sabrina position would make a good logo. Or even put all three characters in poses like the old charlies angles logo.
Great suggestions, esp the Charlie's Angels idea -- with the anti-gun character ARMS CROSSED in denial/disgust.

But tell me, is the X on the Monkey a target X-ring or a Built-in Scope?

--
Herb

HerbM

imported post

jpierce wrote:
The cartoon is a story about a girl who makes a logical decision to support gun rights before she ever owns a gun.

That and the Heston reference (Brady excorcism) seemed perfectly obvious.

She is a HUMAN RIGHTS advocate. She doens't NEED a firearm for that - - this is a separate choice she may or may not make (but I love that she will make that choice soon.)

jpierce wrote:
Expect to see her purchase her first gun, get a CCW and open carry all in future episodes (already in production) :lol:
Waiting expectanly; watching this thread for updates.

The "other side" might try to get her into a 12-step program, have an "intervention", etc

Her doctor could try to "counsel" her.

They might even perhaps try to commit her "as a danger to herself and others" if this goes on long enough and you run out of ideas. "Obviously" she is crazy and likely to run amok from the evil gun death rays.

--
Herb