• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New here / met Desertdoc tonight

Kevin108

imported post

I met John tonight while he was on the clock. I happened into my local Crapplebees for a beer or 10 and he wound up waiting on me and my friend. Towards the end of the evening he was showing off a pic of his new toy to one of the regulars. I said, "Is that a USP?"

We got to talking and it seems we cover a lot of the same ground. I found this site through the VCDL update e-mails. I made an account a short while back but I've sort of been in between internet providers and had yet to do any serious lurking or posting here.

I'm a regular on GlockTalk under the same user name. Occasionally on m1911.org And of course there's Kevin108.com which is sorely in need of an update. Needless to say I'm easy enough to find online.

I grew up in Suffolk but now work and reside in Portsmouth. I'm 26. I share an apt in Olde Towne with my wonderful girlfriend. I have a Glock 17, a Glock 26 (carried daily), and a Springfield 1911 GI. I have CTACs for all of the above and the factory Springfield belt holster for the 1911, which is probably what I'll be wearing at the May meeting unless I can pick up a holster for the G17 before then. I used to have a Fobus paddle for it but I sold it off on eBay and put it towards the CTAC a couple years ago when I got my CHL. The G17 is my first and favorite!

Anyway, I'm glad to have stumbled upon the site and another active local member! I hope to become involved here as well.

kands.jpg

Flowmaster

imported post

welcome!

i think you'll like it here. threads such as the one about zombies really bring the funny.

i do a lot more reading than posting, i think a lot of us on here do the same. i've learned more from this amazing resource than any other gun-related forum i've ever read.

D

Desertdoc

imported post

Well Im glad you made it on here...and am looking forward to you joining us at the next dinner. I am sure you will be surprised on just how many like minded people there are around the tidewater area.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Welcome, Kevin.

And thanks for posting a photo. It's so very difficult to put names and faces and handles together.

Kevin108

imported post

Thanks for the warm welcome everybody! Good to be here!

I just submitted an offer for a Fobus GL2 on eBay so hopefully the G17 will be coming to dinner.