• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Want to have regular meetings? I do!!!

Would you be interested in formalizing an Open Carry group?

• Would you be interested in participating?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Would you be willing to volunteer?

• Would you prefer a weekend?

• Would you prefer a weekday?

• Would you attend both if we have them?

• What evening would be best- Mon

• Tue

• Wed

• Thu

• Fri

• Total voters

Gray2Hairs

imported post

After meeting with a few Open Carry members today I feel motivated to organize additional events. The benefits of meeting other likeminded individuals are substantial. Although we may have differing political and personal views, we all can agree on enough to have a great time. It was awesome to see so many people open carrying in a single place and although people noticed, nothing happened except a good time for those of us who showed up.

I would like to have a Saturday event that would include a meet and greet session, a short organizational discussion and some shooting. One location that has been suggested and one I want to visit anyway is Snoqualmie Valley Rifle Club[/i]. http://www.svrifle.com

Their calendar indicates that May 26[suP]th[/suP] has no specific events scheduled and as that will be the first Saturday that I personally can attend I would like to consider that date. For those who cannot make a weekend event we can schedule a weekday evening time and some of us could attend both meetings. Perhaps an evening at Wade’s Guns where we could meet and shoot would work.

The meet and greet portion seems easy enough and if some are willing and interested we could discuss the possible formation of a regular meeting/event such as this and any other possible topics of discussion. The shooting portion is something that I can always use, it seems that I have some ammo that must be shot and soon!

Lookup Snoqualmie Valley Rifle Club[/i] and if this location is acceptable maybe we can make a monthly event out of it. If you have another location that would be suitable please let me know as there is nothing cast in stone for sure.

Other topics of interest:
It would be valuable to have a flyer created that outlines Open Carry, the laws and practice.

It could include a wallet card with the basic excerpts of the laws and encourage others to visit the web site. This flyer could be used at various locations such as the local gun shops, gun shows and anyplace else that would be willing to allow them to be posted.

It costs $40 for a table at the WAC gun shows for a weekend. It seems that if we had a table, flyers and manned the table with individuals willing to evangelize Open Carry we could grow the number of people involved substantially.

If you have suggestion as to what should be in the flyer, or the wallet card, or anything that will help promote Open Carry please post.

Some months back there was a post about an NRA trainer trying to get a class together. If that option is still available I would be interested and perhaps we can have a class as part of the activities available.

kparker

imported post

That's a great idea, and Snoqualmie isn't too far from anywhere in the Puget Sound area.

However, aren't they a membership-only club? I didn't see anything on their website about guest access.

2A-XD-45-ACP

imported post

I would be happy to donate the $40 for the table, and time (depending) to help 'staff' it.

SVRifle, according to Sandy and Gregma, will allow guests as long as they have a member or two in the group present. From the sounds of it SVR is pretty low key and versatile.

Today was a 'blast'. Good to meet you.

-XD

Gray Peterson

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

I'm glad that everyone had a good time today, I was unable to attend due to work responsibilities, but I've heard that some of you folk were interested in a weekend event too.

Lots of places to eat around, and a gun club is ok too. I wanted to met all of you today and I couldn't. grrr...

Maybe next time.

-Lonnie

kparker

imported post

SVRifle, according to Sandy and Gregma, will allow guests as long as they have a member or two in the group present. From the sounds of it SVR is pretty low key and versatile.

If so, that's cool--and I can see why they might have that policy, but not blast it in huge type right at the top of their home page!

I do like the idea of a regular or occasional meeting, as it's hard for me to predict in advance what work-emergencies will come up, but they certainly can't come up on the same day every month (at least I hope not!) So I should be able to get there at least some of the time.

gregma

imported post

The meeting was indeed awesome! The staff at the place was great, and not a word was said. They all wished us well on our way out. And yet again, the bad guys didn't make a beeline for our table to "take us all out". I keep waiting! :)

I'm thinking perhaps a sunday early afternoon might be the best? After church for those who attend, maybe 1ish or 2ish?

We could have it the 2nd Sunday of the month at 2pm (as a suggestion). We might want to find a place that at least has weather shelter and a more formal setting.

I'm planning on joining the rifle club, but if they don't have a clubhouse or something similar we might want to find another place to actually hold the meeting.

Anyone a member of the Issaquah Sportsman club?

Thanks!
Greg