• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

How Much Ammo Do You Carry?

How much ammo do you ordinarily carry?

• Semi-auto, 11 rounds or less, no extra mag

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Semi-auto, 11 rounds or less, 1 extra mag

• Semi-auto, 11 rounds or less, 2 extra mags

• Semi-auto, 12 rounds or more, no extra mag

• Semi-auto, 12 rounds or more, 1 extra mag

• Semi-auto, 12 rounds or more, 2 extra mags

• Revo, no extra ammo

• Revo, 1 extra cylinder reload

• Revo, 2 extra cylinder reloads

• Total voters

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

By far, it looks like people carry 1 or 2 additional mags. People like to be prepared.

I feel kind of, um, minimalist with my measly 5 shot J-frame with no reload. :?

1st freedom

imported post

HankT wrote:
By far, it looks like people carry 1 or 2 additional mags. People like to be prepared.

Happiness is a pocket full of speed loader's:lol:

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

1st freedom wrote:
HankT wrote:

Happiness is a pocket full of speed loader's:lol:

I do havesome Bianchi speed strips. Maybe I'll start carrying one again. Those are easier than the speedloaders. I just don't want to be a walking 'arsenal.'

tarzan1888

imported post

HankT wrote:
I do havesome Bianchi speed strips. Maybe I'll start carrying one again. Those are easier than the speedloaders. I just don't want to be a walking 'arsenal.'
Walking Arsenal ?

I say;

Peace the old fashioned way, through superior fire power :D

357SigFan

imported post

I carry 12+1, no extra mag. I don't think an empty SigPro mag would be too comfortable in the smartcarry. If/When I get a P239, it'll be 7+1 + Extra Mag.

Blackfox

imported post

As of now, I carry my cylinder fully loaded, and an extra 5 rnd speedloader for a total of 10 for my Ruger SP101, will be picking up at least another one, maybe two loaders soon.

Smokewagon wrote:
5 in the cylinder, extra cash in the sixth under the hammer and 24 extra rounds in the belt loops.;)

haha cash in the cylinder, thats funny
:lol: what denomonation?

ickthus

imported post

2x15rd S&W 40 If i can't get clear of the area , drop the perp or make it till the good guys get there with that , i was a dead man anyway.:what::cuss:

UTOC-45-44

imported post

HankT wrote:
How much ammo do you carry in a normal (for you) or most frequent (for you) carry situation? Open or concealed. Just the ammo on your person.

There are options for both revolvers and semi-autos. Pick the one closest to your situation. I assume that your gun is at least fully loaded but may or may not have one in the pipe on semi-autos.

For the semi-autos, the break intended is at 10 rounds in the mag with an option for 1 in the pipe, total 11.

For revos, all cylinder capacities (5, 6, 7, 8) considered the same.

I carry on a daily basis wether OC or CC no less than 11+1 in the S&W 4006 (.40) and 4 mags with 11 each = 56 rounds.:celebrate

TJ

ODA 226

imported post

UTOC-45-44 wrote:
HankT wrote:
How much ammo do you carry in a normal (for you) or most frequent (for you) carry situation? Open or concealed. Just the ammo on your person.

There are options for both revolvers and semi-autos. Pick the one closest to your situation. I assume that your gun is at least fully loaded but may or may not have one in the pipe on semi-autos.

For the semi-autos, the break intended is at 10 rounds in the mag with an option for 1 in the pipe, total 11.

I carry on a daily basis wether OC or CC no less than 11+1 in the S&W 4006 (.40) and 4 mags with 11 each = 56 rounds.:celebrate

TJ

That doesn't include the 10,000 rounds for TJ carries for hisbackup Minigun either! :lol:

UTOC-45-44

imported post

ODA 226 wrote:
UTOC-45-44 wrote:
HankT wrote:

TJ

That doesn't include the 10,000 rounds for TJ carries for hisbackup Minigun either! :lol:

:what:.....:lol::celebrate:lol::celebrate:lol::celebrate

TJ