• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gov. Kaine still talking gun control

CaptainCharles

67GT390FB

imported post

CaptainCharles wrote:
I don't know where you got that idea. Kaine is far from Pro 2A. As mayor of Richmond he got into trouble for using city funds to charter buses for people to attend the million mom march. He eventually wound up paying out of his own pocket for the buses after he was called on the inappropriateness of the use of funds.

rlh2005

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I need duct tape before my head explodes.

1.) Cho purchased one pistol from a FFL dealer and the other pistol through a FFL transfer. He did not purchase the pistols at a gunshow or via a private transaction. Why even mention the supposed gun show loophole in the same context?

2.) Kaine "believe state lawmakers have any appetite for broad, new bans on firearms" but thinks the VT incident will improve the chances of closing the loophole. Wouldn't closing the supposed loophole be a rather large and broad?

Oops too late, my brain just discombobulated.

packingdressagerider

Some where in Rockbridge County, Virginia, USA
imported post

CaptainCharles wrote:
I have never believed Kaine was "pro-gun", he's more pro-gun control. Didn't vote for him.

LEO 229

imported post

Well, all politicians do what they need to in order to stay in office.

The pro gun people are not complaining... it is the "others" that will start a campaign to get the new laws.

He will want to keep that group satisfied and do something to show he cares. Then the pro gun people will not be happy about the charges but will learn to live with it or protest a little.

The squeaky wheel gets the grease.