• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Old Bank Sign found in Pecos Texas.

ParaWarthog

imported post

"The association will not give one cent for live bank robbers."

They meant business!

LEO 229

imported post

ScottNH wrote:
"The reward does not apply to night attacks on Texas Banks."

What a great sign. Wonder how it'd go over today?

Oh My..... It would make customers think you were robbed all the time and their money would be at risk.

They may leave your business and go to one of the other 12 banks a stones throw from each other.

Anyone ever notice how many banks are popping up right down the street from each other? I swear. They make money charging you to get your money back after they have made money on the interest.

I like like the good 'ol days.... One town.. one bank.

LEO 229

imported post

Tell your manager to purchase the one that was found. :D

It really shows you how times havechanged.

Case in point...

Then: You steal a man's ride.. his horse.. you were hung!!

Now: You steal a man's ride.. his very expensive car... you get a slap on the hand.

What happened?????

The punishment for taking another's property is looked upon now as so minor. A car now-a-days is worth so much more than a horse.

LEO 229

imported post

Hawkflyer wrote:
LEO 229 wrote:
openryan wrote:
well you cant have .... with a car
I must not be reading it right... I cannot figure out what you are saying.

I think he may have spent a lot of time "alone" with his horse.

Oh my God!! I think I just figured it out... You can see where my mind was NOT at! Holy cow..... Moooo!!!

And that IS against the law too.