Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Webb's pistol packing pal

Post imported post

It was aired this evening that Webb's partner in crime had all charges for position of a loaded pistol DROPPED. I wonder if the out come would have been the same if Webb had been a republican??? I still want to knowwhy Webb has not been charged (or anyone else) for position of an unregistered firearm in DC???

Post imported post

It just goes to show that DC's gun laws and restrictions only apply to the law abidingresidents and not criminals or politicians. The criminals do what they want, and the politicians weasel, bargain and buy their way out of allegations, charges, and felonies.

Post imported post

isn't it refreshing to see elitism in all it's glory?

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

ProtectMd wrote:
    It just goes to show that DC's gun laws and restrictions only apply to the law abidingresidents and not criminals or politicians. The criminals do what they want, and the politicians weasel, bargain and buy their way out of allegations, charges, and felonies.
    ProtectMd - why did you have to be redundant? Aren't "criminals" and "politicians" the same?
    Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein

Post imported post

Tess wrote
    ProtectMd - why did you have to be redundant? Aren't "criminals" and "politicians" the same?
    Not exactly, politicians are just one type of criminal...

"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good." - George Washington

Post imported post

I'm torn.

I'm pleased that someone was not convicted for something that should not be a crime.

Yet I'm concerned that you or I would not have been treated in the same manner.

Post imported post

All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others.

Springfield by way of Chicago, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

"If they can't prove you knew the gun was there, then it's a defense," said Michael Starr, a defense attorney at the firm of Schertler and Onorato.

I guess this means that if I did not know that my gun was in my car driving from VA to DC, and, I got pulled over (and, the police found my gun), my charges would be dropped because the prosecutor would have to prove that I knew the gun was in my car........what a joke!!! This black man (me) would have been under the jail!!!

2nd Amendment.........Use it...........Or, lose it!!:X
    The 2nd Amendment... brought to you by Beretta and the number 1791!!

Post imported post

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought Thompson told the police that Webb had given him the case, explaining that his gun was in it, and asked the aid to "take care of it". Doesn't that pretty well prove the guy knew he had the gun?

If it was an oversight on Thompson's part, I agree with others that such an "oversight" would land the rest of us in deep cowchips for a long time!!

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

roscoe13 wrote:
    Tess wrote
    Not exactly, politicians are just one type of criminal...

Wasn't it Mark Twain who said, "There is no American distinctly criminal class, except Congress."

I think he also said something like, "If I said you were a Congressman, and I called you an idiot--but, I repeat myself."
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

I think the reverse argument is best. Rather than howl that Thompson should face the music, I think we should commend and compliment that good judgement was exercised (even if we're only pretending that's what happened.) Then, when it happens to an average citizen and is clearly a simple mistake lackingsinister intent, demand similar judgement is exercised.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

HankT wrote:
    Nah. What's right is right. Thompson should've faced charges.
    What's right is that they shouldn't arrest people for possessing handguns.

Springfield by way of Chicago, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

What ever happened with this?!?

2nd Amendment........Use it.........Or, lose it!!:X
    The 2nd Amendment... brought to you by Beretta and the number 1791!!

Post imported post

ProtectMd wrote:
    It just goes to show that DC's gun laws and restrictions only apply to the law abidingresidents and not criminals or politicians.
    Ahh, but you repeat yourself.

--

As far as the double standard, I'm just tickled pink that we have a senator who hangs out with people who carry guns and believes in the Second Amendment (A democrat who believes in the Second Amendment no less)

Post imported post

ama-gi wrote:
    As far as the double standard, I'm just tickled pink that we have a senator who hangs out with people who carry guns and believes in the Second Amendment (A democrat who believes in the Second Amendment no less)
    And who would that be?
    Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein

Post imported post

Umm, not Webb.. that's foo shoo.

Post imported post

hlh wrote:
    Webb had a chance to use this as a platform to further the 2nd amendment, but I'm afraid Webb just showed his true, cowardice, colors.
    That is his track record. He was the same when he was SECNAV.
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

Post imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
    HankT wrote:
    Nah. What's right is right. Thompson should've faced charges.
    What's right is that they shouldn't arrest people for possessing handguns.

+1 Tomahawk. Nobody should be persecuted for bearing arms for personal defense.

What this messalso shows is the unequal application of the law. The gun grabbersare not just violating the 2nd Ammendment, but also the14th Ammendment.

The only way to fix this is to revoke home rule in D.C. D.C. does not belong to the corrupt politicians that use health regulations to strip citizens of their constitutional rights in their capitol. D.C. belongs to all of us. Time to fight back. Revoke home rule.
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

Post imported post

Tess wrote:
    ama-gi wrote:
    And who would that be?
    Webb professes to be pro-gun and seems to mean it. Has he voted otherwise?

Post imported post

ama-gi wrote:
    It's not his votes, it's his lack of votes, and lack of initiating bills he said he would. (national reciprocity, anyone?)

Post imported post

nakedshoplifter wrote:
    ama-gi wrote:
    It's not his votes, it's his lack of votes, and lack of initiating bills he said he would. (national reciprocity, anyone?)

I see. I've always kinda liked Webb...as far as Dems go, he seemsalot better than the others (not that the competition is thatfierce). I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for now.

So he said he'd initiate a national reciprocity bill and never did? I don't like the idea of national reciprocity anyway. I'm a states' rights guy.

Post imported post

nakedshoplifter wrote:
    ama-gi wrote:
    He finally co-sponsored S.388 (National Reciprocity). It was introduced on 1/25/07 and he co-sponsored on 10/24/07. I wrote him no fewer than five times on the issue, with no response.

Now he can campaign to the NRA and others who'll listen that he "co-sponsored legislation to ..."

Not a leader. A follower who'll do as his bosses tell him. Note he still hasn't introduced National Park carry, nor has he had any kind of a "let's get this through" on 388.

A hypocritical wimp.

When he was first elected, I was not unhappy. Despite having voted for his opponent (who was railroaded for an innocent comment), I figured we could count on Webb as well. One of his first statements after his election, though, had to do with his party knowing he wasn't a maverick and could be counted on.

And I'm still waiting for a response from his office.

Post imported post

Ahh, so he's basically done nothing. Did he promise to introduce National Parks Carry??

That changes my opinion quite a bit.

Post imported post

I might see my Senator Webb in the near future. I'll ask him about the National Parks thing. Did he flat out promise to introduce legislation to override the Nat'l Park Service's regs banning guns in National Parks?

I've already been asked if I'll carry the Senator's gun if he comes through Kuwait. I said happy to do so.

Post imported post

Promise much he did

Deliver nothing he has

Mmmmmmmmmmm?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast