• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Webb's pistol packing pal

SFDoc

imported post

It was aired this evening that Webb's partner in crime had all charges for position of a loaded pistol DROPPED. I wonder if the out come would have been the same if Webb had been a republican??? I still want to knowwhy Webb has not been charged (or anyone else) for position of an unregistered firearm in DC???

ProtectMd

imported post

It just goes to show that DC's gun laws and restrictions only apply to the law abidingresidents and not criminals or politicians. The criminals do what they want, and the politicians weasel, bargain and buy their way out of allegations, charges, and felonies.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

ProtectMd wrote:
It just goes to show that DC's gun laws and restrictions only apply to the law abidingresidents and not criminals or politicians. The criminals do what they want, and the politicians weasel, bargain and buy their way out of allegations, charges, and felonies.
ProtectMd - why did you have to be redundant? Aren't "criminals" and "politicians" the same?

DrMark

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

I'm torn.

I'm pleased that someone was not convicted for something that should not be a crime.

Yet I'm concerned that you or I would not have been treated in the same manner.

Smurfologist

Springfield by way of Chicago, Virginia, USA
imported post

"If they can't prove you knew the gun was there, then it's a defense," said Michael Starr, a defense attorney at the firm of Schertler and Onorato.

I guess this means that if I did not know that my gun was in my car driving from VA to DC, and, I got pulled over (and, the police found my gun), my charges would be dropped because the prosecutor would have to prove that I knew the gun was in my car........what a joke!!! This black man (me) would have been under the jail!!!

2nd Amendment.........Use it...........Or, lose it!!:X

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought Thompson told the police that Webb had given him the case, explaining that his gun was in it, and asked the aid to "take care of it". Doesn't that pretty well prove the guy knew he had the gun?

If it was an oversight on Thompson's part, I agree with others that such an "oversight" would land the rest of us in deep cowchips for a long time!!

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

roscoe13 wrote:
Tess wrote
ProtectMd - why did you have to be redundant? Aren't "criminals" and "politicians" the same?
Not exactly, politicians are just one type of criminal...

Wasn't it Mark Twain who said, "There is no American distinctly criminal class, except Congress."

I think he also said something like, "If I said you were a Congressman, and I called you an idiot--but, I repeat myself."

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I think the reverse argument is best. Rather than howl that Thompson should face the music, I think we should commend and compliment that good judgement was exercised (even if we're only pretending that's what happened.) Then, when it happens to an average citizen and is clearly a simple mistake lackingsinister intent, demand similar judgement is exercised.

sjhipple

imported post

ProtectMd wrote:
It just goes to show that DC's gun laws and restrictions only apply to the law abidingresidents and not criminals or politicians.

Ahh, but you repeat yourself.

--

As far as the double standard, I'm just tickled pink that we have a senator who hangs out with people who carry guns and believes in the Second Amendment (A democrat who believes in the Second Amendment no less)

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

ama-gi wrote:
As far as the double standard, I'm just tickled pink that we have a senator who hangs out with people who carry guns and believes in the Second Amendment (A democrat who believes in the Second Amendment no less)

And who would that be?

Thundar

imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
HankT wrote:
Nah. What's right is right. Thompson should've faced charges.
What's right is that they shouldn't arrest people for possessing handguns.
+1 Tomahawk. Nobody should be persecuted for bearing arms for personal defense.

What this messalso shows is the unequal application of the law. The gun grabbersare not just violating the 2nd Ammendment, but also the14th Ammendment.

The only way to fix this is to revoke home rule in D.C. D.C. does not belong to the corrupt politicians that use health regulations to strip citizens of their constitutional rights in their capitol. D.C. belongs to all of us. Time to fight back. Revoke home rule.

sjhipple

imported post

Tess wrote:
ama-gi wrote:

And who would that be?
Webb professes to be pro-gun and seems to mean it. Has he voted otherwise?

IanB

imported post

ama-gi wrote:
Webb professes to be pro-gun and seems to mean it. Has he voted otherwise?
It's not his votes, it's his lack of votes, and lack of initiating bills he said he would. (national reciprocity, anyone?)