• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OT: Got my 03 FFL today....

BobCav

Founder's Club Member
imported post

roscoe13 wrote:
Took less than a month, didn't think the feds could move that fast..
Hey that's great! I just got my formsand I'm sending mine in this week!! I hear that C&R's don't get along well with credit cards!

roscoe13

Campaign Veteran
imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
Please elaborate.... 03 FFL???

Curios & Relics FFL, allows licensee to receive firearms qualified as cursios & relics through interstate commerce w/o having to have the firearm shipped through an FFL dealer. More details can be found on the ATF site, and a good non-ATF explanation can be found here: http://t6aluminum.tripod.com/Curio_Relic.htm

DrMark

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

BobCav wrote:
roscoe13 wrote:
Took less than a month, didn't think the feds could move that fast..
Hey that's great! I just got my formsand I'm sending mine in this week!! I hear that C&R's don't get along well with credit cards!

True. Especially considering the discounts given to C&R holders by Brownells and MidwayUSA.

roscoe13

Campaign Veteran
imported post

DrMark wrote:
True. Especially considering the discounts given to C&R holders by Brownells and MidwayUSA.

True. Not to mention, if older firearms are an interest, at only $30 for a three year license, you only have to buy one C&R firearm a year and the money you save on transfer fees at your local FFL dealer will pay for the license. Buy several and you're way ahead...

BobCav

Founder's Club Member
imported post

WAHOO!! I got my C&R today!!37 days from mailing to receipt!

(Honey, hide the credit cards!)

Must....

resist....

temptation....

too many....

collectibles

AbNo

imported post

roscoe13 wrote:
DrMark wrote:
True.  Especially considering the discounts given to C&R holders by Brownells and MidwayUSA.

True.  Not to mention, if older firearms are an interest, at only $30 for a three year license, you only have to buy one C&R firearm a year and the money you save on transfer fees at your local FFL dealer will pay for the license.  Buy several and you're way ahead...

Pfft.... The Rockingham Co-Op charges $40 for transfers.

I'd save on the first purchase....

And since I'm thinking of buying a Nagant anyway...

That being said, I'm not really big on relics and old guns, but one or two old ones would be nice.