• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OT quesiton about PP taxes

savery

imported post

Ok, i know it's OT, but since I'm new to the area and have no friends/family that live here, I figured I'd pose a question to a few people that may be residents of loudon or leesburg.

I bought a new car in march from a dealer. a few weeks ago I received my permanent registration from DMV. It said Loudon county. I knew this was wrong, because my old registration said town of leesburg. (note - DMV can't get this crap right to save their life. When I moved they wrongly changed the location of my two boat trailers to leesburg. I received a PP Tax bill from leesburg, told them it was wrong, changed the location with DMV and haven't heard back since, even tho i requested a reply.)

Anyway, tonight I received two letters. One was a loudon county personal property tax declaration, which looked exactly like the form I filled out when I first moved.

The second one is from H. Rger Zurn, Jr, treasurer of loudon. This is a bill for my PP Tax. Should I pay this, only to receive something from leesburg later? should I write them a letter telling them that I'm not paying them jack for something that was never located in their county? anyone know what's up with this? I'm a little confused as to how this whole county/town deal works.

LEO 229

imported post

I would visit the tax authority in person so you can advise them you are not under their jurisdiction.

It will not take long and you will know if all is good. If they do not agree... you can pay up and not get hit with a late fee.

Sending a letter will waste time and you could be hit with fines and late fees by the time you get an answer.