• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Letter to Senator Webb on S.388

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Today I sent the following. I was fully prepared to give Webb a chance when he took the election, winning due to a stupid misstatement by the incumbent. I felt while he wasn't my preferred candidate, he'd at least be reasonable. I no longer agree with that sentiment.

Note I'm willing to listen to his rationale. If he'll ever offer it.

==========================================

Dear Senator Webb:

It has been over a month since my third request to you for a statement on your stance regarding S.388 (Mr. Thune's legislation "To amend title 18, United States Code, to provide a national standard in accordance with which nonresidents of a State may carry concealed firearms in the State."). In my previous three communications, I have asked you to sign on as a co-sponsor, or to articulate your reasons for not co-sponsoring this important legislation.

I am perhaps more angry about not having received a response as I am about your perceived inattention to matters on which you campaigned - the right of Americans to bear arms. The legislation is clear, concise, and respectful of other states' laws. I can not see any way in which a legislator can have trouble with this particular bill.

You are theoretically an articulate man. Will you, or your staff since perhaps you don't want to answer the question, please respond with your stance and rationale?

SFDoc

imported post

For what it’s worth, don’t hold your breath on Webb or any of his staff responding. I’ve also sent several e-mails to Webb and most were never responded to. The replies that I have received (no matter what the subject was) is always the same:

Thank you for your recent e-mail message. I appreciate your comments. Please be certain that your opinions and suggestions will be very helpful to me and my staff in our work on behalf of Virginia and the nation.

If the subject of your communication is time sensitive or requires more detailed attention, please contact my office directly toll free at 1-866-507-1570.

Again, thank you for writing, and I hope you will communicate with me often in the future.

[align=center]Sincerely,[/align]
[align=center]Jim Webb[/align]
[align=center]United States Senate[/align]

Personally I think if you ask how he blows his nose, you would most likely get the same reply. Also, it seems that Webb is only concerned with his right to carry for self-defense. In his interviews during the Thompson affair, he kept saying "I have a right to defend......" . He never said the people or Americas have a right to defend themselves. Then again, I’m bias. Met Webb once when he was campaigning and the first impression I got was one of arrogance and self-righteousness.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Perhaps I'll call his office and ask what it takes to get a response to a direct question.