• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Califorian arrested for CA legal AR-style rifles

cato2

imported post

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=72038
Matt Corwin update 10/14/07

Just a quick update for you guys. Last weekend was pretty scary. Matt is on the verge of being cleared, but just over a week ago somebody forged an email threatening to shoot up his former school (ELAC), and signed Matt's name to it. The sherrif's department made ready to take Matt back into custody, but Chuck and his team pulled overtime last weekend and established that the email was a fake, thus keeping Matt from going back to jail. No additional charges were filed against Matt, as far as I know.

This did rather ran up his bill, but other than that he is ok. It's bad enough to have his lawyers sit around twiddling their thumbs while the prosecution fails to show for a hearing, but to have to respond to this?

As always, donations are appreciated. Make checks payable to Trutanich-Michel Trust Fund, with the subject line Matthew Corwin Legal Defense Fund. Mail them to

Trutanich-Michel LLP
180 E. Ocean Blvd., Ste 200
Long Beach, CA 90802

If you have questions, you can contact the firm at

Tel (562) 216-4444
Fax (562) 216-4445
http://www.tmllp.com

You can also make contributions through paypal. PM user 69Mach1 for details on that.

WMD

Update Monday, October 15, 2007:

My information was a little stale. The incident happened more than a week ago, and the perpetrator has already been caught and handed over to campus police.

Matt's next hearing is October 24th.

image by Oleg Volk:

Attachments

• whichone6483.jpg
    whichone6483.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 1,031

cato2

imported post

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=72571

EAI FAL RAFFLE for Matthew Corwin

EAI (Entreprise Arms, Irwindale CA) believes in Corwin's innocence, and is committed to defending the 2nd admendment rights of Californians. We are the only 07 Manufacturer of firearms to remain in CA, and our willingness to adapt to CA's 2A-hostile politics is rooted in the conviction that the front line for the preservation of the 2nd Admendment in the 21st century is here in the golden state.

To that end, we are contributing two items as prizes. The first will be a refinished, parkerized IMBEL FAL kit in excellent condition. The second is a CA-made, Type 03 EAI FAL receiver new in box. 100% of proceeds from this raffle will go to Corwin's defense.

When I first orginally talked to Kestryll and Wolfmansdad about this, we had wanted Wolfsmansdad to handle the funds because of his experience in doing so with the earlier donations. However, he will be occupied for the next several weeks and Corwin's lawyers (NRA CA lawyers Michels-Trutanich)need the money now.

Tickets are $10 each and each $10 contribution gets you another ticket. The Kit raffle ends Friday Nov. 2nd and the Receiver raffle ends Friday Nov. 16. Payments will be received via Paypal, Check, MO, and Cash. Checks, MO, and cash will be directly sent to Wolfmansdad or MT at end of raffle (please make checks, MO, out to "Matthew Corwin Defense Fund"). I cleared my own personal Paypal account out and will make it available solely for the raffle, but if someone can show me how to make a fundraising Paypal account I'd be grateful as this is my first time hosting a fundraiser. As with the checks, MO, cash, 100% will go to Corwin's defense.

Each donation will be confirmed with an email noting amount and name. A master list of each donor along with "chances" will be kept and a name drawn randomly at the end of each raffle. http://www.thehighroad.com will also be included in the raffle as our goal here is to raise as much money as possible for Corwin.

Build and magazine-fix labor cost, as well as reciprocal Kit or Receiver will be offered at a discounted cost to the winners of each prize. In the event the same person wins both the kit and the receiver, EAI will build, detail, and fix the rifle for free. EAI employees, representatives, not allowed to participate.

Entreprise Arms (EAI)
5321 Irwindale Ave
Irwindale, CA 91706-2025
Phone Numbers : (626)-962-8712
contact person: manwah(.at.)gmail(.dot.)com | paypal address manwah(.at.)gmail(.dot.)com
DO NOT MENTION GUNS AT ALL IF USING PAYPAL. MENTION ONLY "MATTHEW CORWIN LEGAL FUND"!!

PS: Corwin's case in brief: Army MP, discharged honorably. Student President of East Los Angeles College at time of arrest. Owned several fixed-magazine off-list AR15 type rifles. Antis (or someone who just doesn't like him) saw pictures of him with rifles on Myspace and reported a guy possessing "illegal assault weapons" to the police. Search, seizure, and imprisonment followed. Bailed out for past year or so. First court date was about a month ago, the prosecutors didn't show. NRA lawyer's bill now approaching $40,000. About $25,000 has been raised, still need another $10,000 or so.

Attached Images

jpg.gif

maritime 043.jpg (66.6 KB, 7 views)

jpg.gif

eai shoot out 10.2007 013.jpg (84.5 KB, 7 views)

jpg.gif

DSC09775.JPG (86.2 KB, 7 views)

jpg.gif

eai shoot out 10.2007 007.jpg (89.3 KB, 7 views)

cato2

imported post

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=72571

[align=center]Defense Fund Raffles - FAL Receiver and Parts Kit![/align]
EAI (Entreprise Arms, Irwindale CA) believes in Corwin's innocence, and is committed to defending the 2nd admendment rights of Californians. We are the only 07 Manufacturer of firearms to remain in CA, and our willingness to adapt to CA's 2A-hostile politics is rooted in the conviction that the front line for the preservation of the 2nd Admendment in the 21st century is here in the golden state.

To that end, we are contributing two items as prizes. The first will be a refinished, parkerized IMBEL FAL kit in excellent condition. The second is a CA-made, Type 03 EAI FAL receiver new in box. 100% of proceeds from this raffle will go to Corwin's defense.

When I first orginally talked to Kestryll and Wolfmansdad about this, we had wanted Wolfsmansdad to handle the funds because of his experience in doing so with the earlier donations. However, he will be occupied for the next several weeks and Corwin's lawyers (NRA CA lawyers Michels-Trutanich)need the money now.

Tickets are $10 each and each $10 contribution gets you another ticket. The Kit raffle ends Friday Nov. 2nd and the Receiver raffle ends Friday Nov. 16. Payments will be received via Paypal, Check, MO, and Cash. Checks, MO, and cash will be directly sent to Wolfmansdad or MT at end of raffle (please make checks, MO, out to "Matthew Corwin Defense Fund"). I cleared my own personal Paypal account out and will make it available solely for the raffle, but if someone can show me how to make a fundraising Paypal account I'd be grateful as this is my first time hosting a fundraiser. As with the checks, MO, cash, 100% will go to Corwin's defense.

Each donation will be confirmed with an email noting amount and name. A master list of each donor along with "chances" will be kept and a name drawn randomly at the end of each raffle. www.thehighroad.com will also be included in the raffle as our goal here is to raise as much money as possible for Corwin.

Build and magazine-fix labor cost, as well as reciprocal Kit or Receiver will be offered at a discounted cost to the winners of each prize. In the event the same person wins both the kit and the receiver, EAI will build, detail, and fix the rifle for free. EAI employees, representatives, not allowed to participate.

Entreprise Arms (EAI)
5321 Irwindale Ave
Irwindale, CA 91706-2025
Phone Numbers : (626)-962-8712
contact person: manwah(.at.)gmail(.dot.)com | paypal address manwah(.at.)gmail(.dot.)com
DO NOT MENTION ---ANYTHING--- AT ALL EXCEPT "CORWIN DEFENSE FUND"

PS: Corwin's case in brief: Army MP, discharged honorably. Student President of East Los Angeles College at time of arrest. Owned several fixed-magazine off-list AR15 type rifles. Antis (or someone who just doesn't like him) saw pictures of him with rifles on Myspace and reported a guy possessing "illegal assault weapons" to the police. Search, seizure, and imprisonment followed. Bailed out for past year or so. First court date was about a month ago, the prosecutors didn't show. NRA lawyer's bill now approaching $40,000. About $25,000 has been raised, still need another $10,000 or so.

*12:02PM title edited for wording reasons.

Attached Images

jpg.gif

maritime 043.jpg (66.6 KB, 118 views)

jpg.gif

eai shoot out 10.2007 013.jpg (84.5 KB, 112 views)

jpg.gif

DSC09775.JPG (86.2 KB, 104 views)

jpg.gif

eai shoot out 10.2007 007.jpg (89.3 KB, 103 views)