Thread: Spare ammo

Post imported post

Out of pure curiosity, whether OC or CC, how muchspare ammo do you carry? Where / howdo you carry it? Belt, ankle, glove-box, etc.? If it's on your belt or ankle, what kind of sheath or holster do you use? Thanks for the info.

Post imported post

2A-XD-45-ACP wrote:
    Out of pure curiosity, whether OC or CC, how muchspare ammo do you carry? Where / howdo you carry it? Belt, ankle, glove-box, etc.? If it's on your belt or ankle, what kind of sheath or holster do you use? Thanks for the info.
    I usually carry one extra clip in my vest. Will be carrying it on my weak side hip when I get the appropriate pouch for that and my light.

Thanks!
    Greg

Post imported post

gregma wrote:
    I usually carry one extra clip in my vest. Will be carrying it on my weak side hip when I get the appropriate pouch for that and my light.

Clip? Clip? Clip? Clip? Clip??????

Tsk, tsk.

Better watch it orPT1987 might start thinking you're a left-leaning, biased, liberal whodoesn't know the difference between a clip and a magazine, nor one who cares. Such people know, of course, that "Clip" sounds more dangerous and deadly, so that's the term that they use.

You don't want to be included with those fiends.

State Researcher

Post imported post

i carry ten extra rounds in a MAGAZINE

Post imported post

carry 9 extra rounds in a magazine; holster I have has a magazine pouch......

Post imported post

HankT wrote:
    gregma wrote:

Clip? Clip? Clip? Clip? Clip??????

Tsk, tsk.

Better watch it orPT1987 might start thinking you're a left-leaning, biased, liberal whodoesn't know the difference between a clip and a magazine, nor one who cares. Such people know, of course, that "Clip" sounds more dangerous and deadly, so that's the term that they use.

You don't want to be included with those fiends.

ok, ok, ok. Write "Magazine" 100 times on the chalkboard.

Post imported post

I hate not having enough of anything. I keep spare rolls of TP in my bathroom, extra batteries with all my flashlights, carry spare gasoline in my truck and I carry TWO EXTRA MAGAZINES for my Sig. With a total of 40 rounds I think I just might have enough. I carry the mags in a Fobus dual mag paddle on the weak side. It helps balance the "load".
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

Post imported post

I personally care an extra six for my S&W 642 (.38 snubbie). They're on my belt in a leather 2x2x2 carrier similar to http://www.usgalco.com/HolsterA3.asp?ProductID=1724&CaliberID=219 . There's an extra one of those in my car so that makes for a total of 12, six on my person and six nearby.

Ethan
    "The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good" - George Washington
    "Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms, as the blackest." - Mahatma Gandhi

As always, insert standard IANAL disclaimer here.

Post imported post

deleted

Founder's Club Member - Moderator Gray Peterson's Avatar

Post imported post

I carry two spare mags on a sideways loop.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

8 rds in the .45 (one in the chamber at all times), and 2 8-rd mags.

Post imported post

6+1 in the gun. two extra mags with hornady TAPs

Post imported post

16 in the magazine plus 1 in the chamber, hammer down.

i don't carry another magazine. i think that any confrentation requiring more than 16 rounds is highly doubtful.

Post imported post

Flowmaster wrote:
    16 in the magazine plus 1 in the chamber, hammer down.

i don't carry another magazine. i think that any confrentation requiring more than 16 rounds is highly doubtful.
    Ditto.
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."

"though I walk through the valley in the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for I know that you are by my side" Glock 23:40

Post imported post

Well thanks, I appreciate all the info. I was just curious what you all thought and planned for.

-M

Post imported post

I always carry an extra magazine. You don't just carry extra magazines because you think you might need to go Rambo. Youcarry one in the case of a mag or feed failure. In clearance drills you'll learn to strip the offending magazine and insert the replacement... unless you plan on ejecting all the rounds onto the pavement & reloading the mag while your predicament is occurring. It's like a spare tire. You'll probably WILL need it the day you don't have it.

BTW 2A-XD-45-ACP, I see you are in zip code 98105. I am also. Do you live in U-District?

State Researcher

Post imported post

16+1 and 2 spare mags of 16 rnds each, all carried in Fobus gear.....not that I think I may need the ammo but equipment failures do seem to happen at inopertune moments.

Post imported post

I live like three blocks from Children's.

Post imported post

I have a Para P-12. 12 in the magazine one in the chamber. 1 extra magazine with 10 on my belt, weak side. I use a Schrade knife sheath. Big enough for the double stack and looks good.

T. Lisenbee

www.columbialodgefurniture.com

Post imported post

12+1 in my XD .45 ACP (could be 13+1 but I don't like having an extra round to worry about when I unchamber) + 1 mag of 13
    -Unrequited

Post imported post

depends what I'm wearing. I usually carry 15+1 9mm hydrashok in the Sig, 1x spare 15 rnd and 1x 10 rnd mag loaded with the same. I got a good deal on the 10 rnd, and I figure 41 rounds of hyrdashok will stop anything short of a tank. Hell, Jack Bauer usually has time to re-supply after less

If I can't carry the mags because of what I'm wearing, I figure 15+1 is enough for less Jack Bauerly incidents.

Post imported post

I carry a spare ten round magazine on my belt, that along with the 16 in the gun already should hopefully take care of most incidents. The way I figure it if I need any more than that, I’m in way the hell over my head and should be going for what’s in my trunk….

Post imported post

For my .45 I carry 9 (8+1) in the gun and 2 additional8 round magazines for a total of 25

For my .357 Magnum I carry 7 in the gun and 2 speed loaders for a total of 21

For my BUG .22 LR I carry 11 (10+1) in the gun and 2 additional 10 round magazines for a total of 31.

Always be prepared.