• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Spare ammo

2A-XD-45-ACP

imported post

Out of pure curiosity, whether OC or CC, how muchspare ammo do you carry? Where / howdo you carry it? Belt, ankle, glove-box, etc.? If it's on your belt or ankle, what kind of sheath or holster do you use? Thanks for the info.

gregma

imported post

2A-XD-45-ACP wrote:
Out of pure curiosity, whether OC or CC, how muchspare ammo do you carry? Where / howdo you carry it? Belt, ankle, glove-box, etc.? If it's on your belt or ankle, what kind of sheath or holster do you use? Thanks for the info.
I usually carry one extra clip in my vest. Will be carrying it on my weak side hip when I get the appropriate pouch for that and my light.

Thanks!
Greg

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

gregma wrote:
I usually carry one extra clip in my vest. Will be carrying it on my weak side hip when I get the appropriate pouch for that and my light.

Clip? Clip? Clip? Clip? Clip??????

Tsk, tsk.

Better watch it orPT1987 might start thinking you're a left-leaning, biased, liberal whodoesn't know the difference between a clip and a magazine, nor one who cares. Such people know, of course, that "Clip" sounds more dangerous and deadly, so that's the term that they use.

You don't want to be included with those fiends.

gregma

imported post

HankT wrote:
gregma wrote:

Clip? Clip? Clip? Clip? Clip??????

Tsk, tsk.

Better watch it orPT1987 might start thinking you're a left-leaning, biased, liberal whodoesn't know the difference between a clip and a magazine, nor one who cares. Such people know, of course, that "Clip" sounds more dangerous and deadly, so that's the term that they use.

You don't want to be included with those fiends.
ok, ok, ok. Write "Magazine" 100 times on the chalkboard. :banghead:

amlevin

imported post

I hate not having enough of anything. I keep spare rolls of TP in my bathroom, extra batteries with all my flashlights, carry spare gasoline in my truck and I carry TWO EXTRA MAGAZINES for my Sig. With a total of 40 rounds I think I just might have enough. I carry the mags in a Fobus dual mag paddle on the weak side. It helps balance the "load".

Flowmaster

imported post

16 in the magazine plus 1 in the chamber, hammer down.

i don't carry another magazine. i think that any confrentation requiring more than 16 rounds is highly doubtful.

jchen012

imported post

I always carry an extra magazine. You don't just carry extra magazines because you think you might need to go Rambo. Youcarry one in the case of a mag or feed failure. In clearance drills you'll learn to strip the offending magazine and insert the replacement... unless you plan on ejecting all the rounds onto the pavement & reloading the mag while your predicament is occurring. It's like a spare tire. You'll probably WILL need it the day you don't have it.

BTW 2A-XD-45-ACP, I see you are in zip code 98105. I am also. Do you live in U-District?

Comp-tech

State Researcher
imported post

16+1 and 2 spare mags of 16 rnds each, all carried in Fobus gear.....not that I think I may need the ammo but equipment failures do seem to happen at inopertune moments.