• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Spare ammo

expvideo

imported post

depends what I'm wearing. I usually carry 15+1 9mm hydrashok in the Sig, 1x spare 15 rnd and 1x 10 rnd mag loaded with the same. I got a good deal on the 10 rnd, and I figure 41 rounds of hyrdashok will stop anything short of a tank. Hell, Jack Bauer usually has time to re-supply after less :D

If I can't carry the mags because of what I'm wearing, I figure 15+1 is enough for less Jack Bauerly incidents.

fatalhubris

imported post

I carry a spare ten round magazine on my belt, that along with the 16 in the gun already should hopefully take care of most incidents. The way I figure it if I need any more than that, I’m in way the hell over my head and should be going for what’s in my trunk….

tarzan1888

imported post

For my .45 I carry 9 (8+1) in the gun and 2 additional8 round magazines for a total of 25

For my .357 Magnum I carry 7 in the gun and 2 speed loaders for a total of 21

For my BUG .22 LR I carry 11 (10+1) in the gun and 2 additional 10 round magazines for a total of 31. :uhoh:

Always be prepared.