Thread: 60 minutes story on guns and Virginia Tech

Post imported post

I did not see it yet, I have it on TIVO and will be posting to youtube tonight.

I caught the tail end of the story though. McCarthy (the gun control nut in congress) was heard (almost sobbing) that if she can't pass more gun control after the VT shooting then "she doesn't know why she's in the senate" or something to that effect. I hope to have a youtube link up within the hour.

Edit: The story is about closing the mental health loophole reporting to "instant check" databases to keep firearms out of the hands of the mentally ill.

NSL
    http://vaguninfo.tripod.com/

Post imported post

I just finished watching it... she had the gaul to say "I'm not trying to pass new gun control laws, I'm just enforcing the ones already on the books."

Wow.

And no one in New York will call her on that statement, I'm willing to bet. Thank God more reasonable heads have prevailed so far en masse.

Post imported post

I gonna have to upload it to google, the video is larger than youtube can/will handle.

This will add extra time unfortunately.

EDIT: Google is not accepting video tonight for some reason.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Yeah, and with another shooting today at a Kansas City, MO, shopping mall -- and lots more probably to come at schools and workplaces, too -- who knows what will come from the anti-gun people.

I suspect that the mall was a another gun-free-zone...

And how about this headline:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems...4/s1909929.htm

The only peoplein a "panic"would be defensless sheep -- i.e., most people --milling about as they fearfully look around for someone (ironically, someoneALSO with a gun such as cops) to protect them. What BS.

ARMED citizens don't panic.

-- John D.

(formerly of Colorado Springs, CO)

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

denwego wrote:
    I just finished watching it... she had the gaul to say "I'm not trying to pass new gun control laws, I'm just enforcing the ones already on the books."

Wow.

And no one in New York will call her on that statement, I'm willing to bet. Thank God more reasonable heads have prevailed so far en masse.
    Holy WHAT???? What about HR 1022? That's not a "new law"?

The woman has more nerve than a toothache.
    Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein

Post imported post

OK, I'll save myself the time uploading the video. Go to this link, the story is called "Armed and dangerous"

http://www.cbsnews.com/sections/i_vi...annel=60Sunday