• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

60 minutes story on guns and Virginia Tech

IanB

imported post

I did not see it yet, I have it on TIVO and will be posting to youtube tonight.

I caught the tail end of the story though. McCarthy (the gun control nut in congress) was heard (almost sobbing) that if she can't pass more gun control after the VT shooting then "she doesn't know why she's in the senate" or something to that effect. I hope to have a youtube link up within the hour.

Edit: The story is about closing the mental health loophole reporting to "instant check" databases to keep firearms out of the hands of the mentally ill.

NSL
http://vaguninfo.tripod.com/

denwego

imported post

I just finished watching it... she had the gaul to say "I'm not trying to pass new gun control laws, I'm just enforcing the ones already on the books."

Wow.

And no one in New York will call her on that statement, I'm willing to bet. Thank God more reasonable heads have prevailed so far en masse.

IanB

imported post

I gonna have to upload it to google, the video is larger than youtube can/will handle.

This will add extra time unfortunately.

EDIT: Google is not accepting video tonight for some reason.

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
El Paso, TX (formerly Colorado Springs, CO)
imported post

Yeah, and with another shooting today at a Kansas City, MO, shopping mall -- and lots more probably to come at schools and workplaces, too -- who knows what will come from the anti-gun people.

I suspect that the mall was a another gun-free-zone...

And how about this headline:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/200704/s1909929.htm

The only peoplein a "panic"would be defensless sheep -- i.e., most people --milling about as they fearfully look around for someone (ironically, someoneALSO with a gun such as cops) to protect them. What BS.

ARMED citizens don't panic.

-- John D.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

denwego wrote:
I just finished watching it... she had the gaul to say "I'm not trying to pass new gun control laws, I'm just enforcing the ones already on the books."

Wow.

And no one in New York will call her on that statement, I'm willing to bet. Thank God more reasonable heads have prevailed so far en masse.

Holy WHAT???? What about HR 1022? That's not a "new law"?

The woman has more nerve than a toothache.