• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Recent legislation making State Park carry illegal?

gregma

imported post

Had someone tell me that a law recently passed (he said it was tacked onto some bill), that now makes State Park carry illegal.

I can't find anything about such a bill, or such a law. I think BS, but have nothing to back it up.

Anyone know anything about this?

Thanks!
Greg

44Brent

imported post

If such a law was passed, the gun rights groups in WA sure missed it. I read the WA alerts put out by GOAL, and have never seen anything about this.

Gray Peterson

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

gregma wrote:
Had someone tell me that a law recently passed (he said it was tacked onto some bill), that now makes State Park carry illegal.

I can't find anything about such a bill, or such a law. I think BS, but have nothing to back it up.

Thanks!
Greg

That ain't correct. If that were the case then GOAL would have been all over it. There was a bill but it failed to go anywhere.

gregma

imported post

Lonnie Wilson wrote:
gregma wrote:

Thanks!
Greg

That ain't correct. If that were the case then GOAL would have been all over it. There was a bill but it failed to go anywhere.
I was sure of that, but wanted to be sure. I can find nothing in the RCW anywhere. I also can find nothing in the WA State Parks web site (as bad as it is.)

It's going to be on him to show me the new law. I can't show him one that doesn't exist :)

Thanks!
Greg