Thread: Girlfriends new gun

Post imported post

I bought my girlfriend a Bersa 380 for her birthday. heres here shooting it for the first time. plus her shooting my 36. She wasnt raised around guns but i got her hooked now! she even wants to start carrying. Cant ask for a better girl!

http://s47.photobucket.com/albums/f1...043007_003.flv

http://s47.photobucket.com/albums/f1...043007_002.flv

Post imported post

Excellent! Gotta luv a woman that shoots....
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson

Post imported post

Congrats, G36. Another conversion. An armed and trainedwoman is a safer woman.

Post imported post

Now you need to let her pick out some cute safety glasses.

Post imported post

Kevin108 wrote:
    Now you need to let her pick out some cute safety glasses.
    That's what I was thinking, too. :shock:

Post imported post

My gf generally thinks I'm borderline psycho for all my gun interest. I have, however, prevailed upon her to shoot with me for the 4th of July. The local cops tend to turn a blind eye to people discharging guns in the city for the 4th and New Year's Eve, as long as you shoot directly into the ground. So, I hope this will be the beginning of a more tolerant attitude on her part. God forbid, she might even enjoy herself and come along to the range proper some time soon. Wish me luck. The punchline is that her hands are actually slightly bigger than mine, so the "girly" .380s I have (similar tothe above video link) suit me better than her. She prefers my full-frame Smith 9. Could be love...

-ljp

Post imported post

Legba wrote:
    My gf generally thinks I'm borderline psycho for all my gun interest. I have, however, prevailed upon her to shoot with me for the 4th of July. The local cops tend to turn a blind eye to people discharging guns in the city for the 4th and New Year's Eve, as long as you shoot directly into the ground.
    -ljp
    Is this what I think it is???

Do you actually shoot a firearm in the city limits in and around homes and people into the ground as a means to celabrate the 4th of july

Post imported post

Er... well... I... but... um...

Actually, I did that once many years ago (with a beer in my other hand, no less - oops) and a cop saw me (I sure as hell didn't see him till it was too late), and he said that the only reason he didn't run me in was because I shot directly into the ground. People can and do get hurt by strays when shots are fired indiscriminately, hence the crimes of discharging a weapon in city limits (without a compelling reason anyway) and/or while intoxicated. In any case, a lot of rednecks use guns for noisemakers hereon the 4th in lieu of conventional fireworks, yes.

-ljp

Post imported post

Legba wrote:
    and a cop saw me (I sure as hell didn't see him till it was too late)
    Isn't that usually how it happens?
    Why open carry? Because 1911 > 911.