• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Girlfriends new gun

glock36

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Congrats, G36. Another conversion. An armed and trainedwoman is a safer woman.

Legba

imported post

My gf generally thinks I'm borderline psycho for all my gun interest. I have, however, prevailed upon her to shoot with me for the 4th of July. The local cops tend to turn a blind eye to people discharging guns in the city for the 4th and New Year's Eve, as long as you shoot directly into the ground. So, I hope this will be the beginning of a more tolerant attitude on her part. God forbid, she might even enjoy herself and come along to the range proper some time soon. Wish me luck. The punchline is that her hands are actually slightly bigger than mine, so the "girly" .380s I have (similar tothe above video link) suit me better than her. She prefers my full-frame Smith 9. Could be love...

-ljp

Mjolnir

imported post

Legba wrote:
My gf generally thinks I'm borderline psycho for all my gun interest. I have, however, prevailed upon her to shoot with me for the 4th of July. The local cops tend to turn a blind eye to people discharging guns in the city for the 4th and New Year's Eve, as long as you shoot directly into the ground.
-ljp
Is this what I think it is???

Do you actually shoot a firearm in the city limits in and around homes and people into the ground as a means to celabrate the 4th of july :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Legba

imported post

Er... well... I... but... um...

Actually, I did that once many years ago (with a beer in my other hand, no less - oops) and a cop saw me (I sure as hell didn't see him till it was too late), and he said that the only reason he didn't run me in was because I shot directly into the ground. People can and do get hurt by strays when shots are fired indiscriminately, hence the crimes of discharging a weapon in city limits (without a compelling reason anyway) and/or while intoxicated. In any case, a lot of rednecks use guns for noisemakers hereon the 4th in lieu of conventional fireworks, yes.

-ljp