• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

May Tidewater opencarry dinner

kimbercarrier

Campaign Veteran
imported post

It's about time for the may dinner. We discussed meeting on the peninsula. I'm planning on calling a few restaurants to see if they have areas large enough to accomadate us.

What do y'all think about wednesday the 16th?:)

Bubba Ron

imported post

Dutch Uncle wrote:
Not plankin' any shad this month, huh Bubba?
Now, now Jim - we made both dinning outs last month - even with the Shad Planking. We thought this month would be a two-fer too!!!

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

You missed TWO meetings last month, Dave, but we'll overlook it this time.

As I understand it, if you miss more than 3, you are demoted to Junior Associate Member.

;)

vtme_grad98

imported post

I know I'll probably never make it to one of these again as long as they're on Wednesdays. That's the night I meet my running trainer, and getting in shape for the FBI is much more important to me than an OC.org dinner right now.

OBXMIKE

imported post

Ditto on the "never on Wednesdays". My perpetual day to slave from 9a to 9p.:( Maybe one of these months I'll be able to score a Wed. night off and break some bread with you guys and gals. In the meantime, thanks to all for supporting the cause and being the positive models for open carry that you all are!

Best,

Mike

C

ccloud43

imported post

I'm up for any night of the week, but maybe this month we could try something other than wed. so VTME and Mike can join, Or maybe do like last month and have 2 different nights..Hint Hint...LOL

kimbercarrier

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I have no problem with thursday, we did change to wednesday so desertdoc could attend.

I called a few restaurants to see which ones could seat 20 to 25 people. Here,s a list of some I called Lonestar steakhouse, Yukon steakhouse, County grill, and there's also Crackerbarrel and Golden corral. Just some posibilities, if anybody has any other suggestions please offer them up. We do need one to two days notice to secure an area in these places so we can sit together.

There's also chinese buffets and maybe some itialian places we could look at also.

D

Desertdoc

imported post

kimbercarrier wrote:
I have no problem with thursday, we did change to wednesday so desertdoc could attend.

I called a few restaurants to see which ones could seat 20 to 25 people. Here,s a list of some I called Lonestar steakhouse, Yukon steakhouse, County grill, and there's also Crackerbarrel and Golden corral. Just some posibilities, if anybody has any other suggestions please offer them up. We do need one to two days notice to secure an area in these places so we can sit together.

There's also chinese buffets and maybe some itialian places we could look at also.
Im sorry it took some time to look at the messages and respond. We did change it to Wensdays for me back a few months ago. This was only because i had class and could not make it on Thursday. Class is now over and i would love to make it eaiser on everyone. If Thursday is good.. then lets do it. Im looking forward to seeing everyone this month.BTW isnt crackerbarrel anti gun?

backdraft1009

imported post

actuall fellas if you guys move it to the 17th ill be able to make my first dinner with yall. i get out on the 16th but wont be home till late that night so it works much better for me. just say when and where and ill be there. lookin forward to meetin yall.
-B

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I vote for Thursday the 17th.

OBXMike, VTME and Backdraft cna't make it on Wed, and it looks as if the rest of us can do Thursday. OK Mark?

Any of the steak places sound good to me. This is one cracker who's never been to Cracker Barrel, so I have no opinion on their food. If they won't take all of me, including my barrel, that's a problem!

Kevin108

imported post

Desertdoc wrote
BTW isnt crackerbarrel anti gun?
I just called the Home Office at 1-800-333-9566 and spoke with a rep named Pam. They have no company policy prohibiting open carry. She called a VA location for me and spoke with a manager there who also said there was no problem. Both individuals stated "as long as you have a permit" so their knowledge outside of policy is limited but as far as their rules are concerned, Cracker Barrel looks good.

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

So we just need a "permit" to OC at Cracker Barrel?!

One of you enterprising computer graphics guys needs to print up an official looking "permit" issued by OCDO stating that "the holder is fully authorized to open-carry pursuant to Art. 1, sec. 13 of the Virginia Constitution". The four originals of the Tidewater OCDO Group can all countersign the "permits" and everyone we'll be good to go!