• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

May Tidewater opencarry dinner

Kevin108

imported post

Dutch Uncle wrote:
So we just need a "permit" to OC at Cracker Barrel?!

One of you enterprising computer graphics guys needs to print up an official looking "permit" issued by OCDO stating that "the holder is fully authorized to open-carry pursuant to Art. 1, sec. 13 of the Virginia Constitution". The four originals of the Tidewater OCDO Group can all countersign the "permits" and everyone we'll be good to go!

opencarry.jpg

Bubba Ron

imported post

Date (May 17th) and Time (7:00PM) are set. Do we have an address for us Southside folks?

Anyone interested in attending the Richmond dining out on the 15th at 7PM at Pino's in the Meadowdale Shopping Center next to the Food Lion?

Reverend73

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Ron, whats the story on Helga, she commin. This could get interesting if I bring the new girl, lol. I can handle two though. :D

Also, I vote Cracker Barrel. Country Ham, cornbread and pinto beans, mmmmm.

Bubba Ron

imported post

Brian, Helga has returned to Iceland - don't know when she's coming back..:(

Cracker Barrel sounds interesting, then again so did the Old Country Buffet in Chesapeake Square Mall!!!!

What about the metal in the burger found at a Cracker Barrel in Newport News??:shock:

bayboy42

imported post

I'm pretty sure I'll be returning this month to the dinners now that I'm all moved into to our new house. But Cracker Barrel....theres just so many better places over this way...

Oh.....and whos Helga?

Reverend73

Founder's Club Member
imported post

bayboy42 wrote:
But Cracker Barrel....theres just so many better places over this way...

Oh.....and whos Helga?
Blasphemy :cuss: As for Helga, thats for me to know and you to find out.:p

Reverend73

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Well, since I've never met her, I'll just say she's very cute and Icelandic and apparently likes to shoot. Ron can give more details if he so desires.

Bubba Ron

imported post

Let's just say that Helga is a friend of the family, she's 25, and very sweet....she also went back to Iceland last week, we're not sure of a return date.

C

ccloud43

imported post

I second Rev. Country Ham and Cornbread can get me fired up.

Bubba, can you possibly get a hat or two, I would really like to get one..Thanks

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Bubba Ron wrote:
Let's just say that Helga is a friend of the family, she's 25, and very sweet....she also went back to Iceland last week, we're not sure of a return date.

Helga, jeg elsker De! Vaer saa snill og komm till kveldsmat med oss!

Onkel Olaf

D

Desertdoc

imported post

Bubba Ron wrote:
Wow... why is this the first im hearing about Helga?

Bubba Ron

imported post

ccloud43 wrote:
Bubba, can you possibly get a hat or two, I would really like to get one..Thanks
We just got a new shipment of VCDL hats - I'll have some at this months dining out - if we finally settle on a place :lol:

JacquisPoni

imported post

I plan on it this time...was visiting one of our natural wonders last month.....

DesertDoc you want to meet up and ride together?

Gunfixr

imported post

I saw a reference to this dinner over on GlockTalk. Can I come along? Although I don't normally cary a gun in the open, I always carry. Yes, I do have a permit. I figure any gathering of fellow shooters is a good thing. If I can show, is my wife allowed? the kids? Or is this a members only kind of thing. Any info is appreciated.

D

Desertdoc

imported post

Wow... now im impressed. When we started this over a year ago i never thought i would be the talk on other message boards. By all means the whole family is welcomed. We have many members that bring their wives, girlfriends, and children. Having a permit you should know that you HAVE to open carry anytime you are in a restaurant that serves alcohol. :)