• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Pittsburgh Tribune-Review's Mike Seate wonders why OCDO hangs up phone on him?

DKSuddeth

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Like many people, he appears to have bought into the fantasy that he will someday thwart a crime by packing heat.
I bet at least 30 people at VT were having that fantasy their last minute of life.

I wonder if this moron 'seate' ever considered their last thoughts?

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Next time, can you answer, "No, but newspaper columnists are a different story." :)

Well, at least some pro-self-defense info got into print.

I liked the way he put the column together. Creative and smooth to read, even if I disagree with most of what he says. Too bad he can't devote those talents to helping ensure decent folks survive criminal encounters.

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

What a weird guy; you should of heard him on the phone; he calls me & starts off asking me to explain my opposition to the exploitation of the Courthouse gun ban loophole by the PA Dept of General Services to apply to the entire huge multi-acre Capitol building complex, and next thing you know, he's freaking out, asking me if I want to kill people or if "murdering someone is the American dream."

I politely ended the call and hung up.

Wow - they need to start requiring licenses to be a memebr of the press . . . oops, the Supreme Couirt ruled a long time ago that this could not be required on account of the First Amendment.Hmmmmmmm.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

So, he basically lied about why you hung up? And how you ended off?

I'm guessing its time to get a phone that records the call. When you get an antagonistic call, just e-mail them the recording before they have time to go to press.