Thread: Comments on G23's

Post imported post

Hey everyone I was wondering about everyones opinions on the Glock G23 .40 cal I have one and I use it for CC and OC and I'm thinkinabout gettin a 2nd Pistol soon as well, looking for comments on the G23 and suggestions for the next pistol.

THANKS!!!

Post imported post

Um....Why do you want comments about a gun you already own?

What are you looking do use your next pistol for? Carry? range only? 9mm, .45, 1911? service pistol? Help us, help you.

Without knowing your intentions I say get something in 9mm. Ammo prices are steadily going up and 9mm is cheaper then .40, .45 etc.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson

Post imported post

I used to own a G23 and loved the heck out of it. Foolishly I sold it. I now carry a SW9f and love it as well but it still is not the same as the g23.

Ditto on needing to know your requirements for your second pistol.
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."

"though I walk through the valley in the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for I know that you are by my side" Glock 23:40

Post imported post

I own a Glock 23C with the ported barrel. I use it as my primary CC gun. I'm happy with it. Reliable, accurate, holds 13+1. Good sights. .40 cal recoil is pretty mild in my opinion. I bought it used and I don't think I've had any jams.

Post imported post

Funny thing. I had a Glock 23C(gen2) also, hated it!! too snappy, loud, unburned powder falling on me and I couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with it.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson

Post imported post

I just want to get another general purpose pistol so to speak, I like service pistol styles a lot, but I would be willing to try anything that the general concensus likes.

Post imported post

I have a Glock 23. For me it is the perfect size and weight, very accurate, and has been 100% reliable. Of 17 handguns I own, it is the one thatI have with me the most by far. I load it with Hornady TAP ammo.
    A. Gold

Failure to comply may result in discipline up to and including termination.
    The free man is a warrior. - Nietzsche "Twilight of the Idols"

Post imported post

Shotgun wrote:
    I have a Glock 23. For me it is the perfect size and weight, very accurate, and has been 100% reliable. Of 17 handguns I own, it is the one thatI have with me the most by far. I load it with Hornady TAP ammo.
    +1! Except for the 17 handguns part...I only have 4:P

Founder's Club Member - Moderator longwatch's Avatar

Post imported post

I like my G23 a lot, I've had and carried many other pistols but its the one I feel most 'satisfied' with. I think i'm going to buy another one, why have one when you can have 2 for twice the price.