• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Comments on G23's

SFCAdamsYG

imported post

Hey everyone I was wondering about everyones opinions on the Glock G23 .40 cal I have one and I use it for CC and OC and I'm thinkinabout gettin a 2nd Pistol soon as well, looking for comments on the G23 and suggestions for the next pistol.

THANKS!!!

VAopencarry

imported post

Um....Why do you want comments about a gun you already own?

What are you looking do use your next pistol for? Carry? range only? 9mm, .45, 1911? service pistol? Help us, help you. :)

Without knowing your intentions I say get something in 9mm. Ammo prices are steadily going up and 9mm is cheaper then .40, .45 etc.

joeroket

imported post

I used to own a G23 and loved the heck out of it. Foolishly I sold it. I now carry a SW9f and love it as well but it still is not the same as the g23.

Ditto on needing to know your requirements for your second pistol.

usmc_recon

imported post

I own a Glock 23C with the ported barrel. I use it as my primary CC gun. I'm happy with it. Reliable, accurate, holds 13+1. Good sights. .40 cal recoil is pretty mild in my opinion. I bought it used and I don't think I've had any jams.

VAopencarry

imported post

Funny thing. I had a Glock 23C(gen2) also, hated it!! too snappy, loud, unburned powder falling on me and I couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with it. :)

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

I have a Glock 23. For me it is the perfect size and weight, very accurate, and has been 100% reliable. Of 17 handguns I own, it is the one thatI have with me the most by far. I load it with Hornady TAP ammo.

badmonkey

imported post

Shotgun wrote:
I have a Glock 23. For me it is the perfect size and weight, very accurate, and has been 100% reliable. Of 17 handguns I own, it is the one thatI have with me the most by far. I load it with Hornady TAP ammo.
+1! Except for the 17 handguns part...I only have 4:p

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

I like my G23 a lot, I've had and carried many other pistols but its the one I feel most 'satisfied' with. I think i'm going to buy another one, why have one when you can have 2 for twice the price.:dude: