• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

XD-45 Compact

denwego

imported post

After years of being a nearly exclusively 1911 man, I broke down and finally bought a Springfield XD in .45ACP after I had the chance to handle one down on the range this weekend. And all I have to say is "wow!" I had shot one in 9mm a while ago and liked the ergonomics and the easy of field stripping/cleaning, but I didn't want to shell out the money for a full-sized 45 model while having two 1911s, and likewise they didn't have a sub-combact model for coming home to the concealed land of Texas. So, now that I've got one that can shrink magically from a full-sized one on the range to a compact for the occasionally-required concealing, I don't think I could ask for more. I highly recommend it to everyone, although I think I'm preaching to the choir on this one :D

So, a quick question: what do people recommend as a good active-retention OC style holster? It seems that many of the holsters for Glock/XD style guns are polymer (to match the gun, eh?), but I was hoping someone would make a leather one with retention that can match the duty-style ones. Anyone have any experience with something along those lines?

VAopencarry

imported post

Excellent gun choice. I don't think you are preaching to the choir though, still plenty of hater's out there. :) Me, I own 4 XD's and an XD .45 full size on hold at the gun shop.

Don't know what type of leather holster to recommend. Blackhawk Serpa(kydex) for OC is a nice holster.

SpringfieldXD.40

imported post

AWESOME....welcome to the XD addiction....my name is Thomas...and I am an XDaholic....

There are several options when it comes to a holster for your XD... go check out www.xdtalk.com and check out some of the forum sponsers (mainly pistol gear) XDTalk has a bunch of good infoon your gun as well as info re: any accessories you might be looking for....

usmc_recon

imported post

I have a service model XD .45 and I love it. I love the ergonomics. I love the magazine capacity. I love the smoothness of the operation. I love the super easy take down steps. It is my favorite semi-auto handgun that I own and it's not even the most expensive.

I have it locked and loaded in a quick access digital safe next to my bed with Hydro-Shoks ready for whatever comes calling in the night...