Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Now ain't this special

  1. #1
    Regular Member Kelly J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Blue Springs, Missouri, United States
    Posts
    511

    Post imported post

    OT

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    205

    Post imported post

    Kelly J wrote:
    I suppose next they will want a privacy booth built so Americans can kiss their butts as well. I do not believe this is a policy that should be followed if these people want to practice their religion in the manner of their teachings then so be it but not at our expense.
    It is the"entitlement" of these "handjobs" that bother me.

    The separate of church & state has worked really well until they showed up. There is no law that requires employers to give us the day off for "Christian" holidays, and there are no prayer-booths.

    At my church, we never brought AK47's and discussed plans to overthrow the government, I guess the Episcopal church is "way behind the times" in practicing terrorism..

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Montgomery County, Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    112

    Post imported post

    Can they build a Church, a Temple, a Mosque, for those who wish to worship and are not Muslim andare stuck in the airport?

    I believe the airport officials are descriminating against non-Muslims.
    I can tell you've been Rady8ed, you have a nice glow about you.

  4. #4
    Regular Member Kelly J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Blue Springs, Missouri, United States
    Posts
    511

    Post imported post

    OT

  5. #5
    Regular Member Kelly J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Blue Springs, Missouri, United States
    Posts
    511

    Post imported post

    rady8um wrote:
    Can they build a Church, a Temple, a Mosque, for those who wish to worship and are not Muslim andare stuck in the airport?

    I believe the airport officials are descriminating against non-Muslims.
    OT

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Columbus Area, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    43

    Post imported post

    I thought most airports are privately held businesses. Therefore, if their customers, employees or business associates are requesting something, what is wrong with providing it if they deem it to be a good business decision?

    I don't know of any hotel chain in America that doesn't put a Bible in the nightstand. Most businesses in America that are not open 7 days a week, give Sunday as their day off, presumably originating from Christian religious observance.

    Separation of church and state? Perhaps better than most countries but not complete separation. Is Xmas not a federal holiday? Is 'In God we Trust' not on our money?

    It's not like the cabdrivers demanded it, or did I miss something? Have Christians ever "pressed" for anything in this country?! HA!

    Religion- The Greatest Fiction on Earth.

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    205

    Post imported post

    usmc_recon wrote:
    I thought most airports are privately held businesses. Therefore, if their customers, employees or business associates are requesting something, what is wrong with providing it if they deem it to be a good business decision?

    I don't know of any hotel chain in America that doesn't put a Bible in the nightstand. Most businesses in America that are not open 7 days a week, give Sunday as their day off, presumably originating from Christian religious observance.

    Separation of church and state? Perhaps better than most countries but not complete separation. Is Xmas not a federal holiday? Is 'In God we Trust' not on our money?

    It's not like the cabdrivers demanded it, or did I miss something? Have Christians ever "pressed" for anything in this country?! HA!

    Religion- The Greatest Fiction on Earth.
    There are NO airports that are private businesses, all are heavily subsidized by local/federal government, and there is NO airport publically traded on the NASDAQ

    You missed something, that state has been strong-arm "Muslim'ed" by lawyers into compliance with the demands, and they were demands. (google this issue and you'll find an abundance of information)

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Columbus Area, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    43

    Post imported post

    I didn't know that. Jeez, is there ANYTHINGour variouslocal, state and federal GOVERNMENTShaven't gotten involved in ?!?!?

    Next thing you know, you will tell me that the Federal Gov't will want to get involved with regulating drug use in pro sports........Hey....wait a second....

  9. #9
    Regular Member Kelly J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Blue Springs, Missouri, United States
    Posts
    511

    Post imported post

    OT



  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Excelsior Springs, Missouri, USA
    Posts
    42

    Post imported post

    I believe local channel 9 proved this to be false. The video report is online. I'll hunt it down later.

  11. #11
    Regular Member Kelly J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Blue Springs, Missouri, United States
    Posts
    511

    Post imported post

    mimmerzim wrote:
    I believe local channel 9 proved this to be false. The video report is online. I'll hunt it down later.
    OT

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Excelsior Springs, Missouri, USA
    Posts
    42

  13. #13
    Regular Member Kelly J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Blue Springs, Missouri, United States
    Posts
    511

    Post imported post

    Thank you for the information, I won't say it is totally setteled in my mind as yet but I will agree to cool it for a bit until I can hear the Airlines story on the matter. My concern is wheather or not this is fact or damage control to quell a bad decision or not.


    OT

  14. #14
    Campaign Veteran kimbercarrier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    hampton, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    721

    Post imported post

    There's a town in michigan that put up or allowed speakers to be put up to announce prayer 5 times a day even though citizens complained about the disturbance.Itt seems as if when your muslim people kiss your but and let you do what you want.

    Had any of this been requested by christians they would have the door slammed in their face and the so called separation of church and state would have been qouted to them as reason not to.

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Superstition Mountain, Arizona, USA
    Posts
    424

    Post imported post

    kimbercarrier wrote:
    There's a town in michigan that put up or allowed speakers to be put up to announce prayer 5 times a day even though citizens complained about the disturbance.Itt seems as if when your muslim people kiss your but and let you do what you want.

    Had any of this been requested by christians they would have the door slammed in their face and the so called separation of church and state would have been qouted to them as reason not to.
    Ha. You guys haven't been out here to Mormonville? Their kids get to skip out of school for two hours a day for church activities - no effect on their attendence records. Pisses the non-Mormon kids off, but what can they do? Mormons run the government, too....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •