• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Now ain't this special

psmartin

imported post

Kelly J wrote:
I suppose next they will want a privacy booth built so Americans can kiss their butts as well. I do not believe this is a policy that should be followed if these people want to practice their religion in the manner of their teachings then so be it but not at our expense.

It is the"entitlement" of these "handjobs" that bother me.

The separate of church & state has worked really well until they showed up. There is no law that requires employers to give us the day off for "Christian" holidays, and there are no prayer-booths.

At my church, we never brought AK47's and discussed plans to overthrow the government, I guess the Episcopal church is "way behind the times" in practicing terrorism..

rady8um

imported post

Can they build a Church, a Temple, a Mosque, for those who wish to worship and are not Muslim andare stuck in the airport?

I believe the airport officials are descriminating against non-Muslims.

usmc_recon

imported post

I thought most airports are privately held businesses. Therefore, if their customers, employees or business associates are requesting something, what is wrong with providing it if they deem it to be a good business decision?

I don't know of any hotel chain in America that doesn't put a Bible in the nightstand. Most businesses in America that are not open 7 days a week, give Sunday as their day off, presumably originating from Christian religious observance.

Separation of church and state? Perhaps better than most countries but not complete separation. Is Xmas not a federal holiday? Is 'In God we Trust' not on our money?

It's not like the cabdrivers demanded it, or did I miss something? Have Christians ever "pressed" for anything in this country?! HA!

Religion- The Greatest Fiction on Earth.

psmartin

imported post

usmc_recon wrote:
I thought most airports are privately held businesses. Therefore, if their customers, employees or business associates are requesting something, what is wrong with providing it if they deem it to be a good business decision?

I don't know of any hotel chain in America that doesn't put a Bible in the nightstand. Most businesses in America that are not open 7 days a week, give Sunday as their day off, presumably originating from Christian religious observance.

Separation of church and state? Perhaps better than most countries but not complete separation. Is Xmas not a federal holiday? Is 'In God we Trust' not on our money?

It's not like the cabdrivers demanded it, or did I miss something? Have Christians ever "pressed" for anything in this country?! HA!

Religion- The Greatest Fiction on Earth.

There are NO airports that are private businesses, all are heavily subsidized by local/federal government, and there is NO airport publically traded on the NASDAQ

You missed something, that state has been strong-arm "Muslim'ed" by lawyers into compliance with the demands, and they were demands. (google this issue and you'll find an abundance of information)

usmc_recon

imported post

I didn't know that. Jeez, is there ANYTHINGour variouslocal, state and federal GOVERNMENTShaven't gotten involved in ?!?!?

Next thing you know, you will tell me that the Federal Gov't will want to get involved with regulating drug use in pro sports........Hey....wait a second....

Kelly J

imported post

Thank you for the information, I won't say it is totally setteled in my mind as yet but I will agree to cool it for a bit until I can hear the Airlines story on the matter. My concern is wheather or not this is fact or damage control to quell a bad decision or not.

OT

kimbercarrier

Campaign Veteran
imported post

There's a town in michigan that put up or allowed speakers to be put up to announce prayer 5 times a day even though citizens complained about the disturbance.Itt seems as if when your muslim people kiss your but and let you do what you want.

Had any of this been requested by christians they would have the door slammed in their face and the so called separation of church and state would have been qouted to them as reason not to.

mzbk2l

imported post

kimbercarrier wrote:
There's a town in michigan that put up or allowed speakers to be put up to announce prayer 5 times a day even though citizens complained about the disturbance.Itt seems as if when your muslim people kiss your but and let you do what you want.

Had any of this been requested by christians they would have the door slammed in their face and the so called separation of church and state would have been qouted to them as reason not to.
Ha. You guys haven't been out here to Mormonville? Their kids get to skip out of school for two hours a day for church activities - no effect on their attendence records. Pisses the non-Mormon kids off, but what can they do? Mormons run the government, too....