Thread: DEputy allows health inspector to illegally trespass.

Post imported post

State Researcher

Post imported post

STAND upon your rights!

I wonder what would have happened if he had been open carrying? :shock:

LoveMyCountry

State Researcher

Post imported post

Wow, I wonder where in Indiana this was at.

It's good that he taped it all, but I doubt he'll get rich off of it, but I hope she gets fired, she is absolutely ridiculous.

Here is my question, even if it is a government official... if they do trespass could you defend your property by attacking them?

Obviously gun fire would not be practical means, and for videotape sake, physically stopping her probably wouldnt be a good idea either, but I assume it could be legal, it seemed as if he was in the right, shes a freakin health inspector -- why is she taking pictures of dirt?

All in all absolutely ridiculous the cop does nothing, seems like it also took quite a while for another officer to get there `6.5 minutes.

If that was me I would have drawn a gun on her.

Post imported post

Unbelievable. The "nothing to hide"reasoning. A favorite of those who would attack our civil liberties. This is very wrong. Disturbing.

Draw your gun on them? Ha. Did you forget Waco and Ruby Ridge?

State Researcher

Post imported post

Okay, but I mean legally if you had drawn your gun on her, which I don't see why you could not, on your own property, unless a piece of plastic that say 'julie w.' means you cant - what charges could they press.

Just cause some clown looks like a boyscout in a ten gallon hat doesn't mean she can do whatever the hell she wants.

Post imported post

I'm trying to find more information on this to no avail.

Post imported post

I don't know the legal aspects, but I'm guessing that the legal system would screw you one way or another for standing up for your rights. Basically, if you drew your gun there's nothing you could do anyway. You wouldn't be able to convince anyone that you actually felt threatened by a diminutive lady and a LEO.

Regardless, I hope justice is done for this property owner.

Post imported post

I doubt a weapon would have made the situation better. Deputy Fife would probably start shooty shooty....

Non-deadly physical force is most likely permitted in forcing people to leave your property even if they aren't threatening you....

Regardless, if anything was found, the inspector pretty much threw her chances of any kind of prosecution out the window..... the law is pretty clear on evidence obtained illegaly.

Post imported post

I guess what we really need to know is what type of authority does IN law give a Health Inspector. It wouldn't surprise if it allows this kind of 'authority'.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson

Post imported post

VAopencarry wrote:
    I guess what we really need to know is what type of authority does IN law give a Health Inspector. It wouldn't surprise if it allows this kind of 'authority'.

It wouldn't stand up. Occasionally they do legislate "inspection" laws that allow
    access to premises without a warrant, but they never hold up when challenged. You simply cannot search premises without permission unless you have a warrant (unless you have "exigent circumstances," but that's a very narrow exception).

Post imported post

The guy in this video updated by putting his property up for sale on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Unlawfully-conde...QQcmdZViewItem

State Researcher

Post imported post

Does anybody know if his property was condemned for "health reasons" orwas it seizedso thatthey can hand it over to a developer?

The Revolution has begun.

LoveMyCountry

Accomplished Advocate

Post imported post

I remember this from a coupe of years ago. IIRC, there wasn't a lawyer in Indiana that would touch this case for this man. Sad state of affairs for that part of Indy.

Post imported post

WOW! It's about time to start voting from the rooftops!

State Researcher

Post imported post

VAopencarry wrote:
    "Indiana law :IC 16-20-1-23 Inspection of private property; property in which officer has interest Sec. 23. (a) Except as provided in subsection (b), the local health officer or the officer's designee may enter upon and inspect private property, at proper times after due notice, in regard to the possible presence, source, and cause of disease. The local health officer or designee may order what is reasonable and necessary for prevention and suppression of disease and in all reasonable and necessary ways...blah, blah, blah

This happened over two years ago. The guy was dumping raw sewage into his neighbors well system. Both the cop and the inspector had the ability to go on the property. He was cited and went to court and LOST. OVER. DONE. He had to sell his land to pay the huge fines."

Above quoted from
    http://www.break.com/index/sheriff-a...respass2b.html

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

I'll bet he got his"due notice" when she came the day before. Its too bad she didn't just have the Deputy hand him a copy of the statute authorizing her inspection.

Poor deputy. I'll bet he was wishing she had told him the whole story before they went to the house. He would have been better able to address the situation if he knew what authority she had.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.