Thread: Campus Carry Petition Project

Post imported post

I hope everyone will contribute to the wording of this petition, and then go sign.

Objective: To elicit shock, dismay, and outrage at the fact that citizens are forbidden to carry weapons for self-defense on campus. After all, the bad guys have them.

How you can help: Make an argument in favor of campus carry. Make it as pithy and succinct as possible. State the obvious. State your point in such a way that reasonable (reasoning, logical, right-thinking) people can't help but be persuaded.

I'll compile the arguments to make a coherent case for campus carry and post the petition online. (I shoulda been a writer)

Many thanks!

Post imported post

LeagueOf1291 wrote:
    Make an argument in favor of campus carry. Make it as pithy and succinct as possible. State the obvious. State your point in such a way that reasonable (reasoning, logical, right-thinking) people can't help but be persuaded.
    Universities have chosento rely on a gun free zone model for the objective of guaranteeing thephysical and pyschological security of its constituencies (faculty, staff, students, visitors) on their campuses. However, universities have proven incapable of enforcing theGFZmodel in a manner that would accomplish the objective. Legal carry of self-defense weapons on campusis one alternative that may accomplish or aid accomplishment ofsaid objective.