• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Florida Deputy Suspended Over Rough Arrest

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
imported post

In video forensics the frame rate issue is always a problem with juries. It takes a while to show them the effect this has and it almost always makes things look more violent than they actually were.

Regards

kimbercarrier

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I couldn't be a LEO having to put up all the second guessing that goes on. I work a part time job having to deal with the public and it gets annoying at times dealing with people that don't have a clue.

When you're on the outside and only hear it once it's not a big deal but, when you hear it everyday several times a day you can get fed up with it. It's easy to point a finger when you're not the one in the situation.People say he should not get emotional and pissed but how many of us act unprofessional at our jobs at times, LEO's are not perfect.

When I hear about some of the things LEO's have to put up with it pisses me off and I want to pop the the people their dealing with myself.

I'm not giving LEO's a free pass to act up when they're having a bad day or are fed up but I can understand it can be a difficult and sometimes thankless job where you're never right no matter what decision you make.

LEO 229

imported post

I agree... LEO should not get a free pass.... But there should be certain considerations...

Being a LEO is the only job that I know where a citizen can complaint to the LEOs job about him for anything. On duty or Off duty. This is why my neighbors do not know I am a LEO.

If you get loud or cuss at someone while off duty.... your can be written up for bad conduct. Can you believe it? Even if you did something that was not illegal.. and did it on your own time... You can be called onto the carpet and compelled to answer for it. I do not know of any other job that has the power to suspend you for something you did while you were not on the clock.

People can complain about a LEO at any time for any thing. Often times... it is not true and they are doing it to create stress for the LEO as payback or to get out of a ticket.

"I did not deserve the ticket for running the stop sign", "He stopped my because I am black, Asian, female", "He treated me like a criminal", "He told me to shut up", "He was parked next to another cruiser for two hours, not doing anything"

No bid deal... It is investigated and found that the officer did nothing wrong. But...... it goes in your file!!

There is an average for how often LEO gets complained on each year. Depending on how much work you do... traffic stops, subjkect stops,and calls for service... will increase this average.

I would average two a year and that was being kind andpolite to the people. It has been a while nowand I have had people threaten to complaint but I have no idea if they have. Some complaints you never hear about. Example... racial profiling....

IA takes down the details and runs your stats. They tally up how many tickets you wrote where Race is identified. They then compare that the the race average for the area you work. If it is normal and expected... you hear nothing. They may also sit in court and watch you testify.

One might say... "OK, so your found incompliance for all these complaints.. so what is the big deal?" The problem is that if there is anything questionable in the future and they see all those complaints... it makes you appear guilty and that you have been getting over for years.

The mentality.. "Anyone with this many complains must be dirty!"

swatpro911

imported post

.40 Cal wrote:
LEO, wouldn't the officer have his pistol drawn while ordering the driver to shut the engine off if he truly thought she was a enough of a danger to warrantdragging her out of the car? He was so angry that he threw procedure out the window.
He seemed pretty angry, probably he was having a bad day. Those officers often get killed or injured for not thinking outside of the box

swatpro911

imported post

LEO229 is correct on the part that residents/citizen often time call for service and report misconduct as a payback. I had an incident where this lady was upset because her car got towed, I was working security at that placeand i explained to her that you had out of state vehicle tag and parked in private property without checking in with the security that makes ur car "suspicious vehicle" especially after 2AM, who knowsit could be a bomb, narcotics in your car? You surely dont want another 9-11 event here do u? THe lady just left the area without further statement. I just said it loud, "Its the policy, I am just doing my job, have a nice day"

:p

LEO 229

imported post

swatpro911 wrote:
LEO229 is correct on the part that residents/citizen often time call for service and report misconduct as a payback. I had an incident where this lady was upset because her car got towed, I was working security at that placeand i explained to her that you had out of state vehicle tag and parked in private property without checking in with the security that makes ur car "suspicious vehicle" especially after 2AM, who knowsit could be a bomb, narcotics in your car? You surely dont want another 9-11 event here do u? THe lady just left the area without further statement. I just said it loud, "Its the policy, I am just doing my job, have a nice day"

:p
Did she need a permit to park there?

LEO 229

imported post

swatpro911 wrote:
.40 Cal wrote:
LEO, wouldn't the officer have his pistol drawn while ordering the driver to shut the engine off if he truly thought she was a enough of a danger to warrantdragging her out of the car? He was so angry that he threw procedure out the window.
He seemed pretty angry, probably he was having a bad day. Those officers often get killed or injured for not thinking outside of the box
In that case.. I saw no need to draw a sidearm. There was no threat of harm and it was traffic related only. The officer knew he was going to be taking her into custody and needed both hands.

openryan

State Researcher
imported post

wow, now you are not going to get to see him cause you are going to jail -- I can't believe the cop said that to her, proves my point that most cops are people that crave power and authority and cannot get it elsewhere, I could see the arrest, and I think it is warranted but definately not a comment like that, what a deuche