Thread: Need some help/advice from anyone really

Post imported post

Hey guys, I was on other forums and was encouraged to post my story here and see what you guys though. Im in talks with a good attorney, so we will just see how it goes...

I got pulled over for halfway changing lanes into the opposite VACANT lane to miss hitting either a squirrel or cat.

Mind you, I was on the way to taking my last final of the semester while all of this went down.

I get pulled over by the Po, and I'm playing it cool like I always do. I have my hands on the steering wheel like I should; the cop asks to see my license which is in my center console.

I inform Johnny Law that I have a loaded pistol in my center console where my license is located and that I do indeed have a carry permit. He kindly asks me to exit my vehicle and he takes out my wallet and gun and inspects them and puts my beautiful wonder that is Glock 19 back into its respective home. He then asks me if he can search the rest of the vehicle. I tell him no because I had a final exam to go to in ten minutes. He tells me thats fine and he understands. (This was the cool cop)

Two other cops show up to the scene: ********. The cool cop gives the fat doughnut eating piece of **** my wallet to look at and go through. He starts giving me all sorts of **** for no reason. I basically told him a good guy, and the Eagle Scout and National Rifle Association cards in my wallet back that up. He gets about an inch infront of my face and screams "THAT DONT MEAN ****!"

Okay, it was cool, I kept my composure. Fat Po' Boy starts going through my car without even asking consent, I inform him as I did with the cop that was cool at the time (he turned into a dick as soon as his cronies showed up), that I have a final in ten minutes that I have to go to.

He then proceded to tell me that "A FUCKIN' FINAL AIN'T THE LEAST OF YOUR WORRIES BOY." Im pissed at this point, but just from watching Cops I know that bad civilian attitudes don't go over too well with fat uniformed officers so I still maintain my cool. He goes on to search my car anyways. Ill go ahead and tell you that nothing illegal was in there, so fatass just burned some extra calories.

I am going to go ahead and save myself the time of typing this next segment and just say from that point on was a typical cops episode. I was patted down and given a sobriety test.

Then out of nowhere I hear "put your hands behind your back." On go the handcuffs (which hurt like a bitch by the way). I was not informed of what I was being charged with, nor read my rights. I get thrown in the cop car with the windows up on a hot spring's day. Johnny fuckin' Law takes his sweet ass time getting back to the station, which is only about a block or two away from the location of where I was pulled over. I don't know how long it took to get there because I passed the **** out because it was so hot.

We get to jail and the whole inprocessing thing goes down. From hearing all my friend's stories about going to lumpkin I thought I would just be in a holding cell for a few hours utill I get bailed out: WRONG. Im in general population with all the wife beaters, ice heads, and child molestors. Needless to say I would have fit in better at Freaknik than I did at that place. I've never been so damn scared in my life. The cops called my parents during inprocessing, but no one was home. ****, all of this for saving a little helpless animal's life.

Post imported post

Were you formally charged with anything? Do you have any up and coming court dates? Are you aware that anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law? That includes posts on the internet.

I am no officer or attorney and am not qualified to provide you with any information other than I suggest you consult a good, firearm friendly attorney and not post too much on the internet.

Might want to submit a FOIA request as well to get all of the evidence that the police may have in regards to the incident and allow your attorney to review the response. Ask for the officer's dash cam evidence, emails, car to car messages, telephone call transcripts....everything.

Post imported post

Sniff......sniff.....

Post imported post

Somewhere in there I lost track of your story . . .

Are you in jail now?

What was the charge?

I do not understand what you are asking or even what you are telling us.

Post imported post

Is there a video or audio recording?

I am sure your lawyer will know to preserve that.

Springfield by way of Chicago, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

Durden1084 wrote:
    I was patted down and given a sobriety test.

Then out of nowhere I hear "put your hands behind your back."
    Come on, Durden 1084..........did you not pass the sobriety test? Were you DUIed? There is something you are not telling us. If you fail a sobriety test and you have a gun, you will get arrested (license, or no license). Did the Po Po ever charge you with anything (do you know what your charges are now - I am assuming you are out of jail)? If they did (or, still have) not, they would have (knowingly) violated damn there all of your constitutional (and civil) rights.

Come on, Durden 1084..........tell us the real dealio!! If your story is true, I apologize and, I say, itsounds like (to me) that you will be very rich!!

2nd Amendment............Use it............Or, lose it!!:X
    The 2nd Amendment... brought to you by Beretta and the number 1791!!

Post imported post

Okay heres the deal, I got worked up and guess I just left you guys hanging.
    Yea I passed the sobiety test, etc.

The only things charged were failure to maintain lane, driving in the other lane, and wreckless driving.

A nice monday afternoon in jail because of that? Come on now, seriously.

Post imported post

Durden1084 wrote:
    The only things charged were failure to maintain lane, driving in the other lane, and wreckless driving.
    Dude, you are like so outed. "Wreckless driving" is not against the law!

In fact, it's the whole idea.

Post imported post

Dude, if all you did was change lanes because of a furry critter... Then you are golden. Everything they did was not even warranted. I think the fact that you had a pistol made them get snooty with you, and the first cop was only being cool with you because he was by himself. Once backup arrived his true colors came out. Ive seen this happen ALOT.