• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Q

vrwmiller

imported post

Were you formally charged with anything? Do you have any up and coming court dates? Are you aware that anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law? That includes posts on the internet.

I am no officer or attorney and am not qualified to provide you with any information other than I suggest you consult a good, firearm friendly attorney and not post too much on the internet.

Might want to submit a FOIA request as well to get all of the evidence that the police may have in regards to the incident and allow your attorney to review the response. Ask for the officer's dash cam evidence, emails, car to car messages, telephone call transcripts....everything.

Malum Prohibitum

imported post

Somewhere in there I lost track of your story . . .

Are you in jail now?

What was the charge?

I do not understand what you are asking or even what you are telling us.

Smurfologist

Springfield by way of Chicago, Virginia, USA
imported post

Durden1084 wrote:
I was patted down and given a sobriety test.

Then out of nowhere I hear "put your hands behind your back."
Come on, Durden 1084..........did you not pass the sobriety test? Were you DUIed? There is something you are not telling us. If you fail a sobriety test and you have a gun, you will get arrested (license, or no license). Did the Po Po ever charge you with anything (do you know what your charges are now - I am assuming you are out of jail)? If they did (or, still have) not, they would have (knowingly) violated damn there all of your constitutional (and civil) rights.

Come on, Durden 1084..........tell us the real dealio!! If your story is true, I apologize and, I say, itsounds like (to me) that you will be very rich!!

2nd Amendment............Use it............Or, lose it!!:X

Durden1084

imported post

Okay heres the deal, I got worked up and guess I just left you guys hanging.
Yea I passed the sobiety test, etc.

The only things charged were failure to maintain lane, driving in the other lane, and wreckless driving.

A nice monday afternoon in jail because of that? Come on now, seriously.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Durden1084 wrote:
The only things charged were failure to maintain lane, driving in the other lane, and wreckless driving.

Dude, you are like so outed. "Wreckless driving" is not against the law!

In fact, it's the whole idea.

gizmo5

imported post

Dude, if all you did was change lanes because of a furry critter... Then you are golden. Everything they did was not even warranted. I think the fact that you had a pistol made them get snooty with you, and the first cop was only being cool with you because he was by himself. Once backup arrived his true colors came out. Ive seen this happen ALOT.